How Dangerous is the Zed's Cup Holder?

Erni902

Guys just a quick question. For those in a 350Z next time you get in the car open up the cup holder and place a can of pop in it.

Next just imagine your in an accident and picture the passenger airbag deploying.

Now tell me whether or not you think yhe passenger will appreciate a can hitting them in the face with such force!

Now having not crashed a zed before I dont know how the airbag deploys and what area it covers. It could be that it misses the area that the cup would cover. Just seems like a really poor design from Nissan and surely with their huge R&D budget they would have thought of this?

I could be wrong and Im certainly not planning on crashing the Zed but just something I thought of whilst driving along earlier.

Thoughts and experiences welcome

1st world problems :lol:

I'm sure being in a crash a small aluminium can or plastic travel mug etc hitting them in the face is the least of their concerns if the accident is bad enough for the airbag to deploy! Murican's demand cup holders, Nissan provides cup holder.

Where's this cup holder you speak of?

Only thing in front of my passenger seat is a useless little tray thingy.

I'm assuming you've got a facelift then... That's for businesses cards I believe. Your cup holders are in the door cards.

• 7 months later...
50 minutes ago, Redsky said:

This thread reminded me of a picture I saw once, a girl had decided to put rhinestones all over her steering wheel and dashboard. Surely that would pretty much turn the airbag into a great big frag grenade in a crash?

It would. So dumb! Pretty much like a shotgun blast to the face!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Andy Carfax said:

I have a facelift with that useless tray thingy.  Does anybody know whether you can retrofit the pre-facelift cup holder instead, and also where I can get one from?

Thanks

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=173273178818&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111