New Z

Strudul

Don't worry folks it was a joke ;)

But George you did get excited when you heard a mustang being mentioned :lol:

Who wouldn't :lol: not as exited as the person who actually mentioned it ;)

If you mean me, I wasn't excited at all. But please, go back to making yourself feel better about yourself.

Let it go man :lol:

Stop bringing it up then :wacko:

Just like Basil said, 'you started it' :lol: Do you proof read your own posts?

You're truely deluded.

A new Z needs to be lighter have a smaller capacity FI power plant and have a chassis blessed by the gods if it's going to sell.

Not only will emissions and economy be a must but aesthetically it needs to look cool. The rendering posted doesn't tick any visual likes for me.

Also all this banging on about lifestyle cool interiors and quality means nothing to me personally.

It's all about the drive for me, this is why I have never touched an Audi. I've tried to like them but by Christ they are dull to drive. I like mustangs for the event they are and commend Ford for releasing them over here. As for electric cars, well as a petrol head they usher in the end of my hobby and although a threat I commend manufacturers for exploring future tech.

Do I give a damn about 0 to 60 in 2 seconds, no not really. I would rather take 5 seconds and enjoy the theater of a nice V.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

They're the air vents, with the controls for them in the middle on little LCD displays which saves having separate HVAC controls elsewhere. It's genius, and works brilliantly.

If you guys genuinely think that Inifiniti or Lexus interiors are better than that, ahm oot. The quality of materials is on another level.

I know, it's a meme... Ah, never mind, wrong demographic.

Point is, they (in my opinion) look like an after thought, and a tacky one at that, much like the weird floating screen in Mercs.

Have you been inside a Lexus? Everything looks like it belongs and exudes luxury and aesthetic design. No stupid jet turbines stuck to the dash, just smooth, clean lines.

Lexus-LS-460-light-gray-leather-shimamoku-espresso-wood-trim-gallery-overlay-1204x677-LEX-LSG-MY16-0025.jpg

They're the air vents, with the controls for them in the middle on little LCD displays which saves having separate HVAC controls elsewhere. It's genius, and works brilliantly.

If you guys genuinely think that Inifiniti or Lexus interiors are better than that, ahm oot. The quality of materials is on another level.

I know, it's a meme... Ah, never mind, wrong demographic.

Point is, they (in my opinion) look like an after thought, and a tacky one at that, much like the weird floating screen in Mercs.

Have you been inside a Lexus? Everything looks like it belongs and exudes luxury and aesthetic design. No stupid jet turbines stuck to the dash, just smooth, clean lines.

Lexus-LS-460-light-gray-leather-shimamoku-espresso-wood-trim-gallery-overlay-1204x677-LEX-LSG-MY16-0025.jpg

That looks pretty nice, I love analogue clocks in cars.

What's required is a back to basics ethos.

You mean like the raging success the gt86 was?

The generally motoring market couldnt care less about manual/na/rwd

Agreed, they couldn't, however the OP has posted on a forum to people who do :thumbs:

Well i am not so sure, there are plenty of folk on here who drive autos, forced induction and would love to upgrade to a gtr and i cant see anyone chucking a 458 out their garage for being flappy paddles.

Agreed, they couldn't, however the OP has posted on a forum to people who do :thumbs:

But a forum that has a very very small number of owners who buy new and they are the ones who influence the market, not the person looking to buy a 10 year old car

But a forum that has a very very small number of owners who buy new and they are the ones who influence the market, not the person looking to buy a 10 year old car

Which is my point, back to a more basic ethos, together with the fact that car forums are full of people who are more interested in cars than the general public. Nothing to do with buying new or not. The original post happens to be about a new car though.

Car forums are indeed full of people who want light cars that handle well with a good amount of power and a good manual gearbox.

Sadly these people are not going out and buying cars like that in any great numbers, and the folks who want something with great 0-60 times for willy-waving down the pub along with a premium badge are on the increase. That's life.

• 1 month later...