diy individual throttle bodies

andybp

23 hours ago, Ekona said:

That sounds beautiful :cloud9:

20 hours ago, Toon Chris said:

That's lovely. It will be a shame to damp it down.

Yea I know but above 2-3000 rpm it's just so loud and it drones badly :)

Edited by andybp

7 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Ah that's a shame, it's always the drone that kills the fun :(

the system I have back on it now doesn't drone at all but just sounds a little too european too high pitched and raspy I might experiment a bit with a bigger resonators yea I know what you're thinking It's unlike me to experiment and mess with stuff.:lol:

:)

Edited by andybp
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, andybp said:

the system I have back on it now doesn't drone at all but just sounds a little too european too high pitched and raspy I might experiment a bit with a bigger resonators yea I know what you're thinking It's unlike me to experiment and mess with stuff.:lol:

:teeth:

ok maybe not

141qw7k.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dracostan said:

Yeah, I use VLC on my  phone, just never had to get it to use on the desktop till now - and I have to say Andy, you are torturing us with these teaser vids. We need one at full chat, so we can tell you you are wrong to dampen the volume ! :p

Too late I've already changed it :p

and it's still not tuned properly yet so no full chat I'm afraid it takes a long time to tune it on the road especially with the crap roads around here

Another minor update this is the old catch can I was using to stabilise the vacuum signal which was very unstable

(I got my thumb in the picture to make Keyser feel better about his picture taking ;))

IMG_20170909_105605.jpg.1a77600daf7187eacf4c32b697e8e74e.jpg

turns out a couple of the hoses had collapsed so now that's sorted I'm gettting the same results with this

IMG_20170909_110802.jpg.94c05909a32a5c44d4190f70da734603.jpg

Which is actually an inline fuel filter this is making tuning much easier as there was too much smoothing of the signal due to the vessel size

Edited by andybp
  • Haha 1

Your photography is coming along nicely my young apprentice - just need to loose that crispness - not out of focus just blurred enough for the viewer to wonder how many glasses of wine they have actually had.

:thumbs:

O nice work using the fuel filter ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok I know some of you might not be suprised by this but I'm thinking about starting this again from scratch yes I know I haven't really finished it I'm just not happy with some of it especially the way the throttle bodies are fitted to the manifold I need to look into it as I'm not sure there's a practical way around it , maybe cnc machining a new manifold with the throttle bodies fitting directly into it Hmmmm :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo shiney  B)   ...    must resist :wacko: .................  can't afford :headhurt: .................................. it's my daily :blink:

Help, the Zeditus calls

That's going to look stunning - and I'm going to have to get the manifold flange pattern off you at some point. I have an idea for a tubular plenum of some sort!