diy individual throttle bodies

andybp

7 hours ago, Jay84 said:

That looks truly awesome well done. Would performance be hampered by pulling in hot air from the engine bay? It's not a criticism, more an understanding thing for my lack of knowledge.

simple answer yes, hotter air is less dense therefore less oxygen I may consider venting the bonnet but I'm not too fussed really

and for the record I'm always open to constructive criticism 

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bakkums said:

Hey Andy, everything is looking good. Can't wait for the sound.

Maybe something  like this against the heat: Heat shield jenvey

Would be nice to complete the kit without doing something with the bonnet. Maybe a HR bonnet when this fits better.

to be honest the heat is only an issue when in traffic and I don't really want to enclose it

Lovely little induction warble there! That's going to be so addictive, trust me - since I put my Stillen intake on I can't stop myself letting the revs wind up just that little bit higher than necessary, so I can hear the tuneful tunes :teeth:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bakkums said:

Thanks for the video's, your engineering skills are a lot better :D

Keep up the good work.

couldn't agree more sounds ten times better in the flesh :lol:

I'll take it somewhere quiet when I get the chance

On 8/24/2017 at 20:56, andybp said:

yea it sounds good but not quite what i'm looking for I might try my dual HKS replica exhaust on it again with the H pipe blanked off 

I changed the exhaust yesterday to my dual hks replica but blanking off the balance pipe between each bank, sounds fantastic 

I removed this system originally as it was too loud but with the balance pipe blanked off I may be losing a few horsepower but it's much quieter with less rasp :teeth:

I will try to get a video/audio clip sorted this weekend but can't promise as I'm on standby till monday morning. :angry: 

On 8/26/2017 at 21:10, andybp said:

I changed the exhaust yesterday to my dual hks replica but blanking off the balance pipe between each bank, sounds fantastic 

I removed this system originally as it was too loud but with the balance pipe blanked off I may be losing a few horsepower but it's much quieter with less rasp :teeth:

I will try to get a video/audio clip sorted this weekend but can't promise as I'm on standby till monday morning. :angry: 

Hmm maybe not , it sounds good until you really open it up then it's just embarrassingly :blush:  loud  so back to the other system again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toon Chris said:

although... a clip of embarrassingly loud would be nice too :teeth:  Just for comparison you understand.

Sorry probably not going to happen , if I get home early tomorrow I'll be swapping it back over I've done it so many times it will only take an hour maybe an hour and a half