2005 with low miles or 2006/7 with higher miles?

phillyjim

Hi guys,

I'm sure similar questions have been asked previously, apologies.

Been looking for a while at getting a Z and I've done some research but there's nothing like experience!

So I have £7k-£7.5k to spend, mainly from a reliability perspective (but performance also), should I look at an 05 plate with say 50k on the clock or an 06/07 that's done 70k?

I'd also be interested to know how the roadster is viewed in general vs the coupe.

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by phillyjim

20k makes next to no difference, so the 06 facelift is a no brainer for than money. If you can save up a bit more, though and get an 07+ HR model with dual intakes (air boxes) and the bulging bonnet instead of the 2 creases, that would be ideal IMO.

Edited by KyleR

For £7.5k I'd look for a nice Rev Up.

General consensus is that mileage doesn't mean much, it's all about condition, so make sure you check that thoroughly above all else. Link us to any adverts you are considering and we'll do our best to help.

Definitely go for the coupe. Less to go wrong and looks much better.

Morning all, that's very helpful indeed, thank you. Re tax, I've only had a little look but I thought it will only impact new cars? No?

The tax band went up in 2006 so on the 06 rev up and HR models it's higher , although like mine there are a very few 06 rev up cars that Nissan registered as demo's that have the lower tax band. Some one on here was selling one recently.

For cars registered after 23rd March 2006 Road Tax (or Vehicle Excise Duty) for a Z is £515 (band M). For earlier cars it's £295 (band K) per year. Quite a chunk in one go but you can spread it over the year (for a fee!). Sounds a lot but it's really only an extra 4 tanks of fuel. Try this:https://www.gov.uk/g...V149_170316.pdfI've had mine 4 months now and love it. It's an 05 with 115K miles but great condition and history; serviced at the Cougar Store for the last 5 years. I wouldn't get too hung up on mileage. Go for it!

Edited by Woodzman

I see, thanks a lot. Its a consideration but a small one really. My Merc is £295 so I wouldn't have an issue with a jump.

Gotta say, this has been one of the most helpful forums I've been on. Most are surprisingly unhelpful to newbies doing their research!

• 2 weeks later...