2005 with low miles or 2006/7 with higher miles?

phillyjim

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie, searching for my first Z... Im negotiating price with this trade seller, if you could please shed some wisdom and thoughts on the below car : Is it worth the value?

http://www.pistonhea...-tyres/6734718\

Cheers!

Well its not Junction17 trader so thats a good start however:

"Huge History file,Nissan Folder/Manuals/Receipts for work done" does not mean Full Service History unless stated. And theres no mention of any kind of warranty which is usually the main benefit for paying a premium for main dealer prices.

As ATTAKZ says, open the bonnet and check if you have dual air boxes, if not you're getting the facelift interior/exterior without the facelift engine essentially. Use all of the above to haggle the price down :lol:

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie, searching for my first Z... Im negotiating price with this trade seller, if you could please shed some wisdom and thoughts on the below car : Is it worth the value?

http://www.pistonhea...-tyres/6734718\

Cheers!

Well its not Junction17 trader so thats a good start however:

"Huge History file,Nissan Folder/Manuals/Receipts for work done" does not mean Full Service History unless stated. And theres no mention of any kind of warranty which is usually the main benefit for paying a premium for main dealer prices.

As ATTAKZ says, open the bonnet and check if you have dual air boxes, if not you're getting the facelift interior/exterior without the facelift engine essentially. Use all of the above to haggle the price down :lol:

that is the facelift with rev-up engine, price may be a little high but all depends on the condition and if it's been looked after. :teeth:
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys! You've been of great help. I've taken the price down to 7200 down now... but still a bit hesitant as the engine does not have dual air intake systems, and no history on clutch replacement. Also the rear bumper is minimally (but still visibly) misaligned.

Think i might pass and wait for a better offer!

So the engine bay has a single RHS air intake (not dual air intakes), and i get 3 months warranty, new exhaust from Nissan fitted 2014, Falken tyres changed 7000 miles ago, and car has full service history.

He will give it away for £7200

Should I ? :D

• Like 1

Just check both windows go up/down (pinch) when you open/close the doors and that theres no knocking when you drive over uneven roads/dropped kerbs etc to rule out the common and pricey issues; failing window motors and banana arms. You'd be in a better position flagging them now than trying to warranty claim.

If you're happy with it go for it. You will get cheaper if you are prepared to travel or buy private, but everyones circumstances are different.

(edit) get them to stick 12months MOT on it too!

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 1

Worth knowing I paid £6.3k for an 07 on 80k...

And actually, the difference between old and new tax isn't 4 tanks of fuel any more, fuel light to brimmed cost me £90 the other day, so it's barely 2 tanks now!

The facelift to me looked soooo much better, so was totally worth it. I love the higher redline too. People say the RevUps burn more oil but I'm not sure how true that is. Mine has used a normal amount of oil, about 0.6l for every 1000 miles, less if I use pricier oil (which I am at the moment).

I test drove an HR and with the oil gallery gasket thing it wasn't really worth it to me.

Anyway. Mileage doesn't matter, look for an enthusiastic owner who can answer basic questions. If they don't know anything about burning oil I'd be wary. Even if it uses none or very little they should still be clear that it doesn't. Someone who says 'I don't know' likely isn't checking their oil!

Upkeep matters way more. Mine's on 120k and hasn't skipped a beat in the 40k miles I've owned it.

• Like 2