Photobucket dying ?

RobPhoboS

To be honest it's all a ballache, be much better if could upload direct to this site but I guess that would need tonnes of storage for all Dan's cat pictures :lol:

This is a regular comment we receive.

But as you say, the storage we would need is huge. Also all by hosting the pics on 3rd party sites our servers don't take the strain of retrieving and displaying the images.

The cost of the upgrades to accommodate pic hosting just isn't possible as we are free to the users here. Our only income is from the traders and wouldn't cover such a massive increase in cost.

• Like 1

To be honest it's all a ballache, be much better if could upload direct to this site but I guess that would need tonnes of storage for all Dan's cat pictures :lol:

This is a regular comment we receive.

But as you say, the storage we would need is huge. Also all by hosting the pics on 3rd party sites our servers don't take the strain of retrieving and displaying the images.

The cost of the upgrades to accommodate pic hosting just isn't possible as we are free to the users here. Our only income is from the traders and wouldn't cover such a massive increase in cost.

Make those filthy profiteering traders pay :lol:

Especially that double denim dude.

Don't blame the tools...

I will if they don't even offer the most basic of functionality :p

I'll do a YouTube video for the older members :hug:

Imgur site and app were a bit unfamiliar, and occasionally faffy to get bbcode links, but once I got used to it, it's way snappier.

It does now, ta. That's the website though, not the app?

Yeah but, why would you bother with the app? You can just pop an icon on your home screen so it looks and opens like an app but the site has more features than the app and you don't need to install it. It's win win!

:shrug:

• Like 1

It does now, ta. That's the website though, not the app?

Yeah but, why would you bother with the app? You can just pop an icon on your home screen so it looks and opens like an app but the site has more features than the app and you don't need to install it. It's win win!

:shrug:

True, but then what's the point of them making an app? It's lazy as hell.

• Like 1