New to 350Z ownership

Hi All,

My new purchase is a black 2005 350Z GT that I've had for about a month. So far I'm loving it, if anyone can help with the exhaust and suspension questions

I've posted in the technical forum, much appreciated.

In the meantime... this 350Z is the third in my trilogy of mid-life crisis sports cars. Part 1 was a 1997 2.2 litre Honda Prelude 5th Gen, Part 2 was a 2008 Mazda RX-8, the 192 version.

I learned with the RX-8 that perhaps it's better to avoid post 2006 high-tax models. Aside from that both Parts 1 & 2 were very enjoyable, and Part 3 in the form of the 350z is shaping up well too.

My Z seems in really good condition bodywork and engine, and has FSH, 92,000 miles and purrs along the motorway very happily. I'm wondering how accurate that fuel economy computer is. I'm going to test this once the current tank is near empty and I can divide the refill amount into the odometer reading to see. So far I've not seen the mpg dip below about 32, which seems suspiciously good.

For a 92K car the steering wheel is remarkably good - shiny but not destroyed. However the gear knob is rank, so I've ordered another off Ebay.

Merry Christmas.

Michael.

Edited by galaxyg

welcome along! if all its done is cruise the motorways with a light right foot then 32mpg is possible, though it probably wont last once you start enjoying it a bit more!

I guess so yes. I managed >30 even in the RX-8 down the M40.

Around the Peak district come the better weather will be an entirely different matter :)

Hi and Welcome.

You may wish to keep an eye on the North West section in the Regional Meetings section, as we often meet up with some of the Staffordshire members for run outs to North Wales.

You would be very welcome to join us!

Ridz