New Edinburgh zed

Stoney

Hi folks

Finally getting round to getting on the forum rather than just the fb page. So finally took the plunge and got me a 06 350z. Came from Hondas. Sold my ek9 for a zed and have to say have never been happier.

Just put on a stillen y pipe and a tanabe medallion exhaust and gave her a service and have to say love the noise. Quiet I'd say but comes alive 3500-4K and sounds awesome to 6500. Have got a pile of parts piling up so far stop tech discs and project mu pads and lines to go on in the new year and a excedy stage 1 clutch.

Some eagle f1 as3 went on at the weekend and are just the ticket for this shite Scottish weather.

I'll be tracking the car a good bit next year so be looking for some help on a diff and suspension parts. No interest in camber/drift really more be an out n out grip set up. Also have my eye on a set of work Kiwamis and be staying 18s but interested in best tyre widths you guys reckon before I decide on width of rims I'm going to go for.

Hopefully see some of yous about soon 😬

Cheers Guys. Yes will be out up knockhill. usually at the monster unit ones and track scotland ones. I actually arranged one for type r scotland this year that turned out to be a great success. right number of cars no red flags and general good bunch of folk. I may look into doing this again for a zed trackday.

Yes there are a lot of really good track day/evening sessions throughout the year at Knockhill.

The Track Scotland and SIDC events are usually very good as well as most of the "corporate" "private" events.

Also you will find on a weekly basis Knockhills' own events are usually very enjoyable, but only the open pit sessions.

I am afraid you will have a problem getting the numbers for a purely Zed track day, however if you mix it up a bit with other marques than it may work for you.

Yeah was the same for the type r scotland one. ended up opening it up to the clio boys and had various evos etc out aswell. kept it to 30 cars and seemed to work well. Done a couple hot hatch days and man its just too mental. least with the privately organised ones you know (most of ) the folk yo're out on track with.

Cool well maybe see you around at a event in the NY. I'm dying to get the zed out on track to see how it goes and hopefully venture south of the border with it . My last track car was far too loud and would likely be told to jog on. The tanabe is just perfect amount of noise for my ears.