The Fate of the Furious *Spoiler alert* (No pun intended)

StevoD

Kinda wish F&F went back to being about the cars again, but it looks pretty good as always.

yea see when you look back at it it never was directly. Each film has had a heist about something, expect 3 which is the one which did the worst in the box office

I would say it was 10% heist and 90% people and racing, its probably the other way around now with big guys having 1:1 fights, high tech weaponry and the like. Of course that is what works at the box office so cannot complain. Although missing out on 'Brian Oconner' this time around will be a bit weird.

In regards to the spoiler alert......did anybody count how many spoilers were in the trailer? :lol:

I'm going for about 20

Means I don't have to watch that dross in the cinema now, I know the story already :lol: Although, I do wonder what story of a skyscraper they'll manage to get that submarine into... I'm going to say 30!

• Like 2

In regards to the spoiler alert......did anybody count how many spoilers were in the trailer? :lol:

I'm going for about 20

Means I don't have to watch that dross in the cinema now, I know the story already :lol: Although, I do wonder what story of a skyscraper they'll manage to get that submarine into... I'm going to say 30!

It'll fly like a paraglider Tied to the back of a Dodge Charger with dental floss and they'll swing it around city blocks destroying EVERYTHING and no one will mind.

yea see when you look back at it it never was directly. Each film has had a heist about something, expect 3 which is the one which did the worst in the box office

I re-watched 1 just the other day, there's quite a strong focus on cars and racing throughout.

The 2nd was only about racing for the first 10 minutes though.

3rd is where it was at :thumbs:

Have to be honest loved up to 5. Since then not really been a fan. Bit too far fetched for most of the actions scenes.

Don't get me wrong I will still be at the opening screening for it at just gone midnight like last year but I whether I will add it to the Blu Ray collection is to be determined. (6, 7 have not) :rant:

Bit too far fetched for most of the actions scenes.

nothing personal but i love this excuse against the FnF films. yet no one states the same about mission impossible or James Bond etc

or someone say FnF is to unrealistic then sit down and watch the Avengers, its like hang on a minute

• Like 2

nothing personal but i love this excuse against the FnF films. yet no one states the same about mission impossible or James Bond etc

or someone say FnF is to unrealistic then sit down and watch the Avengers, its like hang on a minute

I think its an expectation of each film. I am a massive Bond fan and love the far fetchedness of it. But its Bond. It started like that so I expect it, and embrace it.

Avengers based on Sci Fi and Fantasy - So again accept it for what it is. (besides I want to be Iron Man)

Fast and Furious on the other hand - started out about the underground car scene. It was about real things like, cars, modding, respect, rivalry and family. So when it has a runway that is 80 miles long with a military plane trying to take off and a scene with Dom and Letti colliding in mid air over an intersection and landing on a bonnet, not to mention driving a car out of a window in a Dubai Skyscrapper into the next building, it kind of takes the realism out if the film. It was that Realism and the underground street culture that was the allure which I love about F&F. That's why the first 5 have my vote. The rest, I will tolerate but not be excited. :yawn:

Just my opinion. Its not what it used to be. :surrender:

I think its an expectation of each film. I am a massive Bond fan and love the far fetchedness of it. But its Bond. It started like that so I expect it, and embrace it.

Avengers based on Sci Fi and Fantasy - So again accept it for what it is. (besides I want to be Iron Man)

Fast and Furious on the other hand - started out about the underground car scene. It was about real things like, cars, modding, respect, rivalry and family. So when it has a runway that is 80 miles long with a military plane trying to take off and a scene with Dom and Letti colliding in mid air over an intersection and landing on a bonnet, not to mention driving a car out of a window in a Dubai Skyscrapper into the next building, it kind of takes the realism out if the film. It was that Realism and the underground street culture that was the allure which I love about F&F. That's why the first 5 have my vote. The rest, I will tolerate but not be excited. :yawn:

Just my opinion. Its not what it used to be. :surrender:

yea i think if you treat any film like a documentary your going to fail.

but im going to defend the plane runway scene a little although yes it took the ****,

the reason it took so long is they they showed lot of things happening in line making the plane take 10 minutes to take off etc, but what people seem to forget is all the stuff happened at the same time hard to show it all at once, if you think a set of characters was doing there bit for 2 minutes then whilst half of the other characters was just standing around waiting for them to finish then the others had there bit happen and the guys in the jeeps just drove along casually at the same time i think your missing something.

i think that makes sense lol. just you see people work out the plan scene was i dunno 15 minutes long and the plane must have been doing X speed so 15 mins x x speed = 30 miles lol but that 15 minutes is a handful of fights/manoeuvres/tricks all happening at once but shown individually.

Edited by StevoD

I could relate to FF1 back in 2001. The modding scene was very active and magazines like Max Power were in their prime and even though we only saw a Supra or Skyline in GT1 l for the most part, the odd occasion you saw one on the streets was a very noteworthy event.

I don't think the modding scene will ever be the same again. Kids can get a turbo Corsa on finance. Not a C20LET Nova in sight!

FF1 was relatable even if it was at the very high end of the scale.

God I miss the days you'd see a knackered Nova with neons.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 2

I think there has to be a mid point somewhere, I agree with above it going just a bit too far. Its now all about military/armed police and weapons with cars thrown in. When we were at the cinema watching that scene when Dom catches Letti in mid air and hits the windshield there certainly was a collective groan in the audience which was a shame really but its what it has evolved into.

I would disagree on the plane scene, basically it would have taken off before the cars even got near it, let alone going through all the fight sequences ;)

These films were utter BS from the start, ...sorry I've said it F&F fans. :surrender:

Take one of the first races in the film for instance: the racers were all accelerating in their cars for approximately 1 minute 15 seconds before you see Paul Walkers speedometer which reads 120mph, which then goes up to 140mph+ as the NOS is applied, ...so a tuned Mitsubishi Eclipse running NOS takes over a minute to get to 120mph on a flat straight road?

Of course not. :lol:

It's a film so it's bound to be unrealistic at times if not the entire way through and although there may be a few glimpses of realism with regards to modifications that's it.

Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed watching the F&F series of films but I've never once pretended that they are realistic in any shape or form. ;)

Meh bunch of non believers - you will be saying Santa is not real next!!!

All looks perfectly acceptable and possible to me, I think your just jealous cause you can't do it many a time have I disabled a tank on the motorway saved the girl and been home in time for tea.

My alternative reality is fun, come visit sometime :thumbs:

• Like 1

These films were utter BS from the start, ...sorry I've said it F&F fans. :surrender:

Take one of the first races in the film for instance: the racers were all accelerating in their cars for approximately 1 minute 15 seconds before you see Paul Walkers speedometer which reads 120mph, which then goes up to 140mph+ as the NOS is applied, ...so a tuned Mitsubishi Eclipse running NOS takes over a minute to get to 120mph on a flat straight road?

Of course not. :lol:

It's a film so it's bound to be unrealistic at times if not the entire way through and although there may be a few glimpses of realism with regards to modifications that's it.

Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed watching the F&F series of films but I've never once pretended that they are realistic in any shape or form. ;)

same thing with the plane scene it was a 1/4 mile race so it should have latest 10-13 seconds so it didnt take a minute it showed you everything that happened during that race from multiple points lol

What next james bond travels the world but the film is only 2 hours long how does he do it, i dont know

im not pretending its real lol, but everyone just cry it unrealistic the time scales dont match which is a poor excuse to hate on it.

Edited by StevoD