How Crap Are My Tyres?

Strudul

Can afford to do both (the mods I'm planning are super cheap). Only problem is the tight Northerner in me not wanting to "waste" money when it doesn't seem necessary.

Do a massive burnout on the old ones then, get your moneys worth :teeth:

Im usually the dude that points out that different tyres front to back isnt actually going to kill you (it wnot, Ive done it), but particularly at this time of year even I wouldnt be running two different budgets on the rears - the Zed has a lug of low down torque that can catch out even the best of us, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid its not worth it.

However, the people saying that turning ESP off will kill you? Learn to drive boys, I never turned ESP on it 6 years of ownership and didnt have it at all in a considerably more powerful series of 200SX's, how those boys with TVRs dont end up in every hedge/bus stop is impressive too. Sure, if youre not confident then keep it firmly in the on position but its hardly a self destruct button ......... :lol:

• Like 1

Well since 'grammer' isn't a real word, it's pretty hard to have any of it. ;)

That being said the comma, periods, and eroteme are grammar :bleh:

Sorry, not it's not, it's punctuation, not grammar. :teeth:

Debatable.

Technically you are correct, but these days "grammar" and "orthography" are synonymous and pretty much interchangeable. The meaning of words evolve over time and new meanings become generally accepted with sufficient use.

However, the people saying that turning ESP off will kill you? Learn to drive boys, I never turned ESP on it 6 years of ownership and didnt have it at all in a considerably more powerful series of 200SX's, how those boys with TVRs dont end up in every hedge/bus stop is impressive too. Sure, if youre not confident then keep it firmly in the on position but its hardly a self destruct button ......... :lol:

+1000

I have MPS3 up front and N8000 on the rear (how i bought the car) done two track sessions this year and had no issues. Next time il be looking to axle match at least to the same brand of tyre, manly for aesthetics.

Ive read as standard the 350z at speed has slight understeer on turn in, so to have a pair of rubbers up front with a bit more bite than the rears can only be a good thing.

+1000

Driving the GMC in this weather must be fun :lol:

+1000

Driving the GMC in this weather must be fun :lol:

mostly pulling off from a standstill really otherwise it's ok, had to be really careful pulling off when it was icy as it just liked to squat and spin the rears :lol:

Does nangkang have good rep round these ways?

they're definitely a budget tyre, but id rather them than anything evergreen/riken/landsail/other super budget tyres.

thing is, even in 18" or 19" sizes, the difference between nankangs and something i'd consider decent but cheap like hankooks or yokohamas is only like a tenner a tyre.

Sure avoid the premium brands with premium price tags if you must, but the lowest i'd ever go is a falken, hankook, avon, kumho.