New gtr

secretstar07979

Afraid I agree with JetPilot and G. Really disappointed that the GTR has become so expensive. First gen GTR's were super car killers at the time but for half the price. Other manufacturers have upped their game now and the GTR just feels like an expensive fast car now. I feel like Nissan have lost their way with it totally.

Given the choice I'd spend the cash on a mint Skyline or first gen GTR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by longsh07

£80K gets you the most highly-specced and fancy TTRS you could possibly want. Perhaps it's a little lacking in ultimate involvement, but it'll be up there in terms of pace and a nicer road car. Plus you get that uber-fancy dash display, which is just incredible.

Or a V8 F-Type. Or a lightly used 911. Or as seems to be the way forward, just get an older GT-R!

• Like 1

They are incredible cars i had the privilege of driving the track edtion the other day and it was very very fast! I would buy one in a heartbeat but the fact that i'm moving house next year means it will have to wait for now. I love the look of the new car espeacially in gunmetal or black! My missus prefers my 370 so it's going to take a bit of pursuading :lol:

They're different models though: The R35 is still an R35, no matter how many facelifts it's had. ;) 355 to 488 covers 21 years, the R35 is only on 9.

Wait until next year, then you'll really see the price of cars not made in the UK soar. No way manufacturers are going to suck up the low pound themselves, they'll do an Apple and pass it on to the consumer.

• Like 2

Wait until next year, then you'll really see the price of cars not made in the UK soar. No way manufacturers are going to suck up the low pound themselves, they'll do an Apple and pass it on to the consumer.

Depends how many shady deals the government do with the manufacturers though right... ;):lol:

• Like 1

Costs of a new F355 compared to a 488 GTB is a 100k difference.............. high end marques go up, hell a mid spec Golf now cost over 25k

488 vs 355 is another level and so it should be, its the latest tech, a different engine, different chassis, different everything, the same cannot be said for a gtr and whilst you cant get away from inflation, increased costs etc, a 50% + increase in price just cannot be justified imho and sorry to say, Nissan is not a high end marque.

• Like 2

We are in for a interesting few years, inflation going up due to a weak pound, no real term rise in wages for the last decade, interest rates already 0%, and a housing market that seems rather overpriced and driven by cheap mortgages... The crash in 2008 is going to seem like a holiday.

Back in 2007 when the GTR first appeared the £ to $ rate was 1:2!! Come 2017 many predict it'll be close to 1:1.1. Current US $ price for the GTR in basic trim is around $100K, so £80K is actually pretty in line with current currency rates. Most UK prices haven't yet been adjusted for the recent drop in the value of the £, once they do I think people are going be really shocked at how much more expensive alot of stuff is going to become.

Edited by gangzoom

I thought the GTR was generally a hideous looking machine - but the performance and technology clearly made up for it. Now it looks hideous and is much more expensive, as above utterly adore the F-Type it looks and sounds amazing and has tremendous performance.

• Like 1

Bizarre to think its nearly 10 years old now and as above, unless its a complete redesign, its never going to be a looker and i would hazard a guess its coming to the end of its lifespan in this guise and the next one will be a hybrid and all the updates in looks will go into that.

Just had a wiki:

R32 - 6 year span

R33 - 5 year span

R34 - 3 year span (unless you count the z tune)

So the 35 is doing pretty well at 10 years.

Faster than this:

And at a fraction of the price:

bugatti-veyron-super-sport-.jpg?itok=CwYkkjOl

Takes me back to my Rx7 days were they would all quote they would rather have their 10k single turbo Rx7's because they are faster than a Ferarri or Lambo etc, yeah of course.....I know which i would rather own out of a gtr and a Bugatti B)

• Like 3

Bizarre to think its nearly 10 years old now and as above, unless its a complete redesign, its never going to be a looker and i would hazard a guess its coming to the end of its lifespan in this guise and the next one will be a hybrid and all the updates in looks will go into that.

Just had a wiki:

R32 - 6 year span

R33 - 5 year span

R34 - 3 year span (unless you count the z tune)

So the 35 is doing pretty well at 10 years.

Few cars reached 10 years of production largely unchanged. The S2000 is another, can't think of any others off hand (that are worth talking about, no econoboxes ;)), can u?