2006 350z Nismo questions

Gurrier

Hi Guys :)

Thinking of going to look at a 2006 Nismo tomorrow and i have afew questions you might be able to answer :)

What does the Nismo get that the standard model doesn't besides the bodykit and rays wheels ?

Will a 2006 Nismo have the DE or HR engine ? Im under the impression the HR didn't come out until 2007

What kinda milage are 350z good for if well miantained ?

Thanks a bunch lads :)

What does the Nismo get that the standard model doesn't besides the bodykit and rays wheels ?

Will a 2006 Nismo have the DE or HR engine ? Im under the impression the HR didn't come out until 2007

What kinda milage are 350z good for if well miantained ?

Firstly sorry to burst your bubble but it won't really be a real "Nismo" edition 350Z.

It will be a 350Z just with some Nismo add on's. Possibly factory fitted or aftermarket but definitely not done in house by Nismo.

2006 year 350Z so it will most likely be the DE UpRev engine. Easiest way to tell if it's the HR engine or not is whether the car has two air intakes as the DE engines only have one air intake.

Mileage wise it all depends on how it's been driven and maintained. As long as it's been un-abused and serviced regularly/correctly these engines can easily go into the 100K miles mark & on.

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

350Z buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

The Nismo kit was an option at £3,200 when purchased on a new 350Z coupe. It consists of a Rear Spoiler (replacing the original spoiler), a set of rear spats, sideskirts and a Nismo front bumper for the U.K market, ie has the headlight washers. As far as I know, the kit was available right through all the models (276, 296 and HR). I don't know if a cutback version was available for The Roadster. Genuine Nismo 350Z's or The Nismo S-Tune were never sold in The U.K although a small number were imported from Japan.

Pete

• Like 2

Bit of a difference there, ...I mean firstly mileage wise but then secondly price wise.

Performance wise there really isn't a lot in it but the HR is a nicer looking Zed imo because of the hump bonnet but then that can be easily fitted to the DE Zed. The price difference though if you did go for the 2006 350Z would leave you a nice lump sum for the HR hump bonnet and any other mods or service items that you may want or that might pop up.

Oh and just to reiterate it is not a Nismo.

They are as rare as rocking horse poo and AFAIK there was literally only one UK import by a Nissan dealership of a genuine Nismo 350Z into the whole of the UK and that one is most likely in a museum.

It does however have the Nismo side skirts, spoiler etc but you can buy those all separately. ;)

• Like 2

This 06 is actually a prefacelift with 276BHP and what looks like a factory fitted kit and Sat Nav. At £6500ish it's probably priced about right, providing its in as good condition as it looks.

I'd be inclined to go for the HR if I could knock a few quid off, mostly due to the facelifted interior and lights and more robust engine.

I can't remember the name of the guy who designed the DE engine but it was designed to cover 200,000 miles with regular servicing and there are owners on this forum will testify to that so if you'e considering keeping it for a while mileage won't be a problem. The HR engine has a few more BHP (313) but lacks a little torque over the DE. As already mentioned the bonnet on the HR can be fitted to the DE. There is ONE 380 Nismo RS in the country and that is in Scotland and was imported and what I'd give to own that, The DE sounds like the better option for you, plus depending on when it was registered you might be paying nearly half the road tax of a later registered '06. Hope this is of some help to you.

• Like 1

If you opt for the HR check for oil pressure issues. Also check for clutch and slave work done. A better engine when it's working as it should but I would argue it's not actually as robust as the DE.

Don't forget the cars are in the ROI where there is no 97+RON and the HR is the only Zed engine to detect knock over 5k, this is why I'd have the HR.

They are as rare as rocking horse poo and AFAIK there was literally only one UK import by a Nissan dealership of a genuine Nismo 350Z into the whole of the UK and that one is most likely in a museum.

It does however have the Nismo side skirts, spoiler etc but you can buy those all separately. ;)

There was an S-Tune brought over by Nissan themselves, Reg No R1 GTR and I read somewhere that one individual imported a second hand one from Japan, what happened to these cars is unknown. As far as Genuine Nismo's go, you are right, one was specially imported by a dealer and I think this one was recently up for sale. It's possible that a couple more Nismo's were imported second hand too. As far as Nismo kits go, you'll struggle to find any of the genuine parts that make up The Nismo kit....plenty of replica's to choose from although the quality of these varies widely to say the least :lol:

Pete

• Like 1

There was an S-Tune brought over by Nissan themselves, Reg No R1 GTR and I read somewhere that one individual imported a second hand one from Japan, what happened to these cars is unknown. As far as Genuine Nismo's go, you are right, one was specially imported by a dealer and I think this one was recently up for sale. It's possible that a couple more Nismo's were imported second hand too. As far as Nismo kits go, you'll struggle to find any of the genuine parts that make up The Nismo kit....plenty of replica's to choose from although the quality of these varies widely to say the least :lol:

Pete

A user on NS imported a JDM silver Version Nismo back in 2008 & another (possibly the same one) was up for sale in South Wales sometime last year before being bought by someone in London - iirc the old owner joined the forum & tried to convince some of us that it was a 380RS.

I have never seen an S-Tune in the country - my guess is that it is in someone's private collection gathering dust and serious appreciation.

• Like 1