Zed security

Nelly64

Hello all,

Loving my Zed, waited long enough and now she's here.

If I wanted one other piece of security what would you advise ?

Tracker,wheel clamp or disklock. I've read good things about all.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Nelly64

Disklock's a good deterrent ....one of my know it all neighbour's blatantly laughs when i put mine on..jealous i reckon as he rides around in an '05 Mazda 3 ?? he keeps telling me ..when they steal it that Disklock won't stop 'em when it's lifted from the front & drag it off..Knobhead i think.

• Like 1

I saw a programme where a car stealing crime boss bragged about how easy it was to defeat a tracker.

Guy has a signal jammer the size of a cigarette box that jams the signal so he can take cars to containers off the radar!

Disklock gives a little extra security.

That is the problem isn't it, they are all deterrents. I haven't read of many Zeds being taken but think a little extra security wouldn't go amiss.

Swaying towards a Disklok as a visible deterrent rather than a clamp. Not enough research on the Trackers yet, I'll keep reading up on them.

Thanks fellas :clap:

I've got one of those blockers. They block everything, wifi, GPS, Mobile. Really good. Really illegal too.

I wouldn't be too worried. I think they're pretty hard to steal by the casual thief without the key.

The professional car thieves are looking for brand new high profile cars, not 10 year old Nissans.

I've got one of those blockers. They block everything, wifi, GPS, Mobile. Really good. Really illegal too.

I wouldn't be too worried. I think they're pretty hard to steal by the casual thief without the key.

The professional car thieves are looking for brand new high profile cars, not 10 year old Nissans.

An interesting point; never occurred to me (obviously)

I'm looking at it as an attractive steal sports car but professional car thieves are after X5's and the like; chancer joy riders are after an easy time.

Disklock's a good deterrent ....one of my know it all neighbour's blatantly laughs when i put mine on..jealous i reckon as he rides around in an '05 Mazda 3 ?? he keeps telling me ..when they steal it that Disklock won't stop 'em when it's lifted from the front & drag it off..Knobhead i think.

This is another reason why I won't miss neighbours!

Decent insured. if criminals want it they will get it the harder you make it to take without you the more likely they are to take it at gun/knife point with you

Although I wouldn't 350z are targets any more easy stuff like Audi's and fords seems to be targets recently

Edited by StevoD

Alarm & Immobiliser is the lowest common denominator in vehicle security, if you're serious about keeping your car secure then hiding your keys in your home when you're not in goes without saying.

I have a cobratrak system & subscription active, but for any near-stock 350z with no expensive modifications, it's really not worth shelling out for.

The best "security" device I can recommend is a decent forward & rear facing dash-cam, for myriad reasons.

Cant imagine 10yr old Nissans appealing to professional car thieves, so its more than likely to be targetted by scrotes looking for a joy ride who will just break in to take the keys. Either way, as Ekona said, id move area if that is your concern its the best solution :lol:

March 2015 my Nissan Almera GTi of 8yrs was stolen off the drive :( very possibly the best example in the country too according to the owners club.

Hello all,

Loving my Zed, waited long enough and now she's here.

If I wanted one other piece of security what would you advise ?

Tracker,wheel clamp or disklock. I've read good things about all.

Thanks for looking

I have all three plus the below at the end of the drive, LOTS of dirty tramps out there looking to do no good.

anti_ram_raid_telescopic_parking_post.jpg?1424087055

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 2

Cant imagine 10yr old Nissans appealing to professional car thieves, so its more than likely to be targetted by scrotes looking for a joy ride who will just break in to take the keys. Either way, as Ekona said, id move area if that is your concern its the best solution :lol:

yeah, tbh they are cheap cars with a bit of grunt - reason i got mine

if some scrote burns it out ill go and buy another...

do they still get nicked?

just lock mine with the key :)

I thought the same until today. Just been told that someone (again) has been where my car has been parked and looked it over, looking underneath and everything. Been told that not far from me there has been a number of cars been stolen by picking them up and putting them on the back of a truck.

Needless to say my car has now been moved to a more secure location lol

I bought my quick release for the security reason over the cool factor.

I just take my wheel into work and keep it in the house overnight.

I still get random co workers asking why I have a steering wheel on my desk too which brings the undercover petrol heads out! Win win

I'm going the disklok route. Now I've calmed down from a flush of Zeditus taking into account low crime where we live etc one level of additional security is to put my mind at rest. Definitely a market for Trunk Monkey IMHO :-)

Edited by Nelly64

I'm going the disklok route. Now I've calmed down from a flush of Zeditus taking into account low crime where we live etc one level of additional security is to put my mind at rest. Definitely a market for Trunk Monkey IMHO :-)

The disklok when not in use fits neatly in the glove box too :D