Drat

Ricey

Looks great, bargain price too. I'd keep something warm and dry handy though, you know for the roadside ;)

I purchased my 159 2 years ago, 60k miles later not a single problem. Nothing has broken, fallen off, corroded or embarrassed me. Been an epic car considering she does 160 miles a day! More reliable than a Zed to be brutally honest.

Looks great, bargain price too. I'd keep something warm and dry handy though, you know for the roadside ;)

I purchased my 159 2 years ago, 60k miles later not a single problem. Nothing has broken, fallen off, corroded or embarrassed me. Been an epic car considering she does 160 miles a day! More reliable than a Zed to be brutally honest.

It's a lazy bit of stereotyping by me, sorry Alfas.

• Like 1

It's a lazy bit of stereotyping by me, sorry Alfas.

I'd say Alfa stepped up their game a little LOT by what I would guess around 8-10 years ago. I was sorely disappointed that my Alfa doesn't come with issues, in fact they claim you're not a petrol head till you've owned one. Personally don't see the fuss, just like any other car really. Would I have another one, yes I would, without any shadow of doubt. In fact I'm already looking at my next one to buy!

It had better be!

Sadly I'm poor these days so it's a 2l.

Still a very characterful engine and handles and puts power down better than the V6 but yes I'm afraid the iconic Alfa V6 has alluded me. Certainly for this kind of money.

Plus side it's 30mpg, 3k cheaper and a better drivers car!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had a 156 as an emergency car during my disastrous 6 week ownership of a V8 merc and I loved it.

Caused me a couple of fairly chronic moments (like the alarm going off for 8 solid hours......I just went out for the day.....couldn't face the neighbours) and eventually the alternator seized because I left it parked up for weeks in the snow.

Can't say I held it against it though......she dug me out of a right rough patch of motoring.

Well considering I wanted a shed for my daily long haul commute a lot of cars had to be reviewed.

Spec:

Economy

Performance

Comfort

Looks

Gadgets

Price

Mileage

Bought my 2007 159 2.4 JTDM with 60k on the clock. Solely for work I do 33k miles a year and the Alfa just seemed to tick all the right boxes. I can get 600 miles from the tank. Performance is brilliant for a boat, but equally a cruiser with an air of whaft. It was a risk chosing an Alfa, but tell you what. Best bang for my bucks. Oh and the price £4,700 a steal if you ask me.

Will be going for the Ti 2.4 JTDM next poss 2009. Based on Autotrader my car has lost £1,400 in 2 years and also based on mileage. Costs for servicing have been reasonable. But ultimately smiles per mile have been very high, considering this was supposed to be a shed!

• Like 1

I remember I was umming and urrring about one of these in V6 format a while back, that or the VX. I was driving towards the toll booths on the M25 Elizabeth bridge mulling it over then hit a whole heap of traffic. Culprit was a dead one of these smoking quite badly under the bonnet blocking one of the lanes - made my mind up there and then lol

Whooooo an Alfa GTV. Still miss mine a bit.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81935-took-the-plunge-my-z-some-questions-for-you/

Enjoy it, great cars so long as looked after.

That's such a nice looking car.

Being a detailer I'm a teeny bit disappointed it's not a different colour but silver does hide a multitude of sins on a 13 year old car

• Like 1