Jehova comes knocking with a difference :)

Zeezeebaba

So our bi annual door knocking by the watchtower brigade happened just now.I saw them walking down the close and prepared my usual athiest conversation peice to fob them off.

One of them seemed to linger by the Z on the drive checking the car out and nodding in appreciation.

I answered the door and stated I was athiest and not really interested when the chap piped up and said "Ok well forget about belief let's chat about the Z". Turns out him and his wife have a Fairlady and their son has a mid engined conversion Supra.

He said he was a mechanical engineer and was very knowledgeable regarding Jap cars having done the Supra conversion for his son's time trial antics. He's not a forum member as he said his last foray online almost led to an addiction lol.

Certainly had a good chat as his wife stood there impatiently looking rather annoyed :)

Forget religion the power of the petrolhead surpasses all, it was certainly a different jehova visit than usual.

• Like 8

Oh no!

I know of guys like that

Someone similar used the same tactic to get chatting with my mate getting him to let his hair down.

Roll on a few weeks and chatting cars turns to brainwashing and a full on conversion to HARI CRISHNA.

My mate used to look like Ozzy Osborne.

Now looks like GHANDI :lol: :b

• Like 4

All true. I used to work with a born again Christian and he was constantly trying to convert anyone who would talk to him. It was quite amazing how he could turn any conversation around to "god". You`d start off talking about working out in the gym etc then within 5 minutes he`d have turned it to how he use to workout all the time but now he has given his body to god and gets fulfillment from worshiping etc. etc.

LOL! They will be back............... :scare:

On a side note, apparently you can request/demand to be put on a ignore list, if they are being a pain, trouble is not all of then seem to look at it :dry: we get loads around my way, see them arrive in a mini bus....the wife hates then with avengence and if they dare approach our front door, she is out there like a Rottweiler, and they had better hope Jehovah is looking down on them. :lol: :lol:

I was 'dragged' up as a JW.

Imagine....summer nights, being called in at 6pm to get ready to go to the Tuesday meeting. Then the same again on Thursday. Then early night Saturday to be up for 7am for Sunday meeting then 3 hours tagging along on The Ministry afterwards. 9 hours a week of my childhood, until 13, wasted on it.

Also, having a hard core mum who survived the London air raids as a girl, I got leathered after every meeting for not sitting perfectly still for 2.5hr at a time.

Then there was ridicule from my friends/school because my mum had me excluded from assembly.

But...

As annoying as they are, they genuinely believe they're saving your life. And unlike any other religion they're completely separated from and not motivated by any politicsuggestions and they don't/won't go to war in the name of country or anything/one else. So while they are annoying, their heart and actions come from a good place. And they take no money from you.

Unlike the Mormons, who demand a 25% tithing of their cults followers. Also, if told to by their government they'll take up arms against another country, March down the garden path of their once brother and kill them. Is that right to do? Odd.

The ones you have to watch out for are the ones who were brought up a JW, got baptised and never 'left the fold' to experience all the things the world has to offer, good and bad. As they simply cannot comprehend where you're at and why you aren't buying what they're selling. Those versions are quite sickly sweet in a creepy way, too. Albeit genuine. They still have a sheen about them and love for life.

Also the older ultra zealous types. I remember a meeting once where a topic was older members jamming their foot in the door as it closed and that it was deemed bang out of order.

I also remember the yearly convention where anal and oral sex was banned and 'unnatural desires including coitus positions contrary to the loving gift bestowed upon us by jehovah" or some such.

In other words smashing your missus doggy style while doing a double bicep pose in the mirror. Etc.

Face to face godly lovemaking only. And no fruity talk! Or else an old jw jumps out of the wardrobe to expunge you!

• Like 1

Imagine....summer nights, being called in at 6pm to get ready to go to the Tuesday meeting. Then the same again on Thursday. Then early night Saturday to be up for 7am for Sunday meeting then 3 hours tagging along on The Ministry afterwards. 9 hours a week of my childhood, until 13, wasted on it.

Hmmmm.. clearly the bible bashers who I had assumed were JW`s who live in the house behind me are not JW`s then as they let their kids stay up until all hours of the night chanting & singing hymns whilst the mother plays the piano. I think they clearly are not allowed a television as the piano seems their only form of entertainment. Very annoying for us neighbours though this time of year when you have to have your doors/windows open to try and get some fresh air and all you can hear is them. Sundays do seem to be the worst though as they all get dressed up, off to their church, then all their fellow bible bashers all come back to their house for a mad party until 11pm.

Hmmmm.. clearly the bible bashers who I had assumed were JW`s who live in the house behind me are not JW`s then as they let their kids stay up until all hours of the night chanting & singing hymns whilst the mother plays the piano. I think they clearly are not allowed a television as the piano seems their only form of entertainment. Very annoying for us neighbours though this time of year when you have to have your doors/windows open to try and get some fresh air and all you can hear is them. Sundays do seem to be the worst though as they all get dressed up, off to their church, then all their fellow bible bashers all come back to their house for a mad party until 11pm.

Nah, definitely a religion of another description

• Like 1