Good grief, another one...

coldel

WTF... driving without insurance and dangerous driving... and all he gets is a 14 day ban, 6 points and a £320 fine... seriously? :scare:

Staggering, it really is. Every time i flick onto one of these police chase things, 90% of the time the driver they catch is driving without insurance, tax and a valid licence and what do they get, a fine which they probably cant pay anyway and a further ban on their ban. :rant:

Edited by Jetpilot

I have to commend the courts for sending out a strong message with that sentence...

... the strong message being that insurance is basically optional. With that fine if I didn't pay for insurance for a few months I'd then still be in profit if I got caught.

WTF... driving without insurance and dangerous driving... and all he gets is a 14 day ban, 6 points and a £320 fine... seriously? :scare:

It's flippin' BS isn't it. :angry:

I was speaking to a Police officer the other day about some illegal motor bikers around our area.

Basically a few guys who ride scramblers illegally on the road, ...you know the type I'm sure; no number plates, no insurance, no lights/indicators, no tax and to make it even more fun they decide to hop on the pavement whenever they feel like it & pop wheelies like they're impressing people who see them. :dry:

The Police officer told me that there is nothing they can do unfortunately ~ they used to have a Police off-road bike unit/team but after a health & safety assessment the unit/team was disbanded as it was deemed to much of a H&S risk for them to ride the bikes in pursuit of other bikers! Wtf!! :scare:

The normal Police patrol cars apparently aren't allowed to pursue them either or at least they are until it becomes too dangerous for the illegal biker then the pursuit is called off in case the illegal biker gets hurt. Bonkers. :wacko:

So basically the illegal bikers have free reign to do WTF they want. :rant:

i just can't fathom how lenient the magistrates were with this cretin. Many years ago i got 5 points and had to pay a £600 fine for doing 96 MPH on a dual carriage way. I was in a convoy of cars all doing the same speed, so perhaps unlucky but still caught bang to rights but at least i had all correct paper work!