I think my missus is abnormal

andybp

the missus told me she wants to redecorate so I said ok but maybe we should think about upgrading the tv's on the walls in the kitchen/diner and the gym both 40" we already have a 55" in the front room and a 50" on the bedroom wall and maybe take out the 5.1 surround sound in both and change both to soundbars to tidy it up and lose all of the speakers and maybe a new blu ray player for the kit/diner as it's a bit old

and while we're at it buy 4 new network media players so they are all the same

so did she just laugh at me and say don't be silly no! she say's

Ok!

Ok what kind of answer is that :wacko:

Maybe she's just softening me up for the huge amount she's gonna spend redecorating

Really hope she wasn't joking because the 50" tv's and everything else is showing up Tuesday so if i'm not about for a while it's because i'm living in my Z :)

• Like 5

my missus is still cross with me for selling the zed and buying another car ........... she punishes me by making me go clothes shopping (for me), buying garden furniture, upgrading the patio, buying the daughter a new marimba (£6500 worth of musical instrument) .......... and I'm sure the list will continue shortly

Deffo not your average wife.

Years ago I upgraded my mum's tv from a 21' to a 32'.

1 week past before she even noticed as we programmed the old simplified remote to match!

Then there's the total opposite.

Girls at work were chatting.

One mentioned how good her husband was......."He proper loves me. For my birthday he got me a huge tv and cinema surround sound :teeth:" another example of a keeper me thinks :lol:

I think it's definitely mainly a man thing...... I hate huge TV's on the living room wall I think they ruin the room. Other places aren't too bad I suppose. I personally would have it in a cupboard and only open it when it was used! My o/h has a huge 50 something on his living room wall and it looks horrific in my opinion. This also reminds me of a discussion we had a week ago which started with "I can't live with the colour of my bike.........." having just spent god knows how much on it he now wants it carbon. I think I may have mentioned all the things we haven't done this year due to funds........yet his bike is a modders bottomless pit.........

You should change the title of this thread to "My Missus is perfectly normal!"

• 3 weeks later...

Well if your missus is weird I must be insane!! I love all the tech stuff, it was me who wanted the 60" TV and soundbar in the living room, me who wanted the Sonos throughout the house, and as Monkeybrain1234 says I had all the fun installing it too! :D

Enjoy the upgrades :thumbs:

• Like 3

Having moved into a bigger house fairly recently, and then discovering a few horror shows - such as the dining room ceiling crashing down thanks to a leaky bath that the previous owner must've known about but felt it unimportant to mention - i have to do DIY which i'm not very good at. Of course there is an inspection after by her majesty to which she likes to inform me of my shoddy workmanship and general lack of attention to detail. It's at this point i remind her that i'm not a professional and that DIY experts don't do marketing in their spare time so why should i do DIY in MY spare time. This has evolved into paying someone to do it which i'm very happy about. So, when i buy parts for the Zed she always says " well, you're not a professional racing driver, you're not Ken Block Gymkhama 7 ". I reply with " Even though i'm not a DIY expert, it didn't stop you getting me to do the DIY did it?" It's all relative, so :yuck:

I'm gonna sink my TV into the wall so that it's flush with the plaster. I'll work out best way to do it.

make sure you have some vent holes/gaps around tho as you would cook your TV very easily ;)