mods for remap

Max-Read

Hi guys, quick question! Ive got a plenum spacer, berk de cats, hks panel filter. planning on getting down to abbey or horsham dev soon.

I know its best to have all mods I plan on having before the Up rev map done but is there a drastic difference if I add mods after the map apposed to before the map?

Im debating whether to get a y pipe or hold out and wait for it go (as they all do) before going for a stillen!

Hope that makes sense! :wacko:

I doubt there will be a drastic difference, as remaps don't give you that anyway. It does make sense to remap with all mods done though, otherwise you won't be getting the most out of the money you've spent.

• Like 1

Honestly Max I'd just get everything done first before the remap otherwise you're not getting the full benefit of the map you get done in the first place or the mods you add after the remap.

A decent Y-pipe is around £250-£400 and the remap (UpRev) is around £400 so you're better off getting the Y-pipe first so that you don't end up having to pay £400 twice if you discover the car doesn't run as smoothly after you add the Y-pipe. ;)

• Like 1

Honestly Max I'd just get everything done first before the remap otherwise you're not getting the full benefit of the map you get done in the first place or the mods you add after the remap.

A decent Y-pipe is around £250-£400 and the remap (UpRev) is around £400 so you're better off getting the Y-pipe first so that you don't end up having to pay £400 twice if you discover the car doesn't run as smoothly after you add the Y-pipe. ;)

Another remap will only be about £100 because you already have the licence.

• Like 1

The Uprev licence fee is £100 you only need to pay that once

• Like 1

I thought the licence is $300?

I got quoted around £300-£400 again to get mine RE-mapped after my engine went in. Didn't bother in the end.

Like you, thought it would of just been dyno time.

Why would the car not run as well with a Y Pipe as it's one of the most done mods / improvements...never heard that before ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I got quoted around £300-£400 again to get mine RE-mapped after my engine went in. Didn't bother in the end.

Like you, thought it would of just been dyno time.

Different ECU? Surely the licence is on the ECU so if you used your original, there shouldn't be another fee to pay?

• Like 1

tbf am UpRev ecu flash without even seeing the car from one of the tuners on the forum, would suffice for 90% of the folks in the owners club. i very much down it'll make a massive difference.

Why would the car not run as well with a Y Pipe as it's one of the most done mods / improvements...never heard that before ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I just meant for arguments sake if he fitted a mod (in this case the Y-pipe) after the remap & it didn't run as smoothly. Maybe I should have made what I meant clearer sorry. ;)

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I think to re-re map was about £300 when i had mine initially uprevved. I may be wrong though!

cheers guys, few good points! ill just push the remap back a little longer and get the y pipe in first :thumbs:

Worth it seriously! I did all the upgrades, mostly motordyne stuff, the benefits are noticable. Great guys at Horsham too.