Nissan 350z owners or mk1 Audi TT past owners

rcarlile23

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any old mk1 TT owners who have now got a 350z or any 350z owners who have owned a mk1 TT.

Im currently in a predicament of looking for a 350z or keeping the mk1.

Any experiences?

This is my current car and Im currently contemplating going to a 350z from the a TT.

20151018_113157.jpg

20151024_180803.jpg

I test drove a mk1 TT before I bought the 350Z... I also test drove: Porsche Boxster S, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo Brera, Honda S2000 and BMW M3 (E46). I gotta say that the closest any of them came to the 350Z in my opinion was the S2000 or the E46 M3, but the Zed had me grinning from ear to ear.

In my opinion, there should be no doubt in your mind. :thumbs:

My advice is to take a look in the For Sale section on here... some cracking cars up for grabs!

You will miss the space and your MPG :lol: The Audi's a well put together car and if you have the 4WD you will have to get used to a relative lack of grip, they're pretty quick too those turbo ones with a little ECU work. My bro had one for many years, great fun, I likened it to what a baby Porsche would be like. :)

I have owned mk1 225 and mk2 3.2v6 tt and now have a 350z. I'm probably not the best to comment on this as the mk1 was the most unreliable piece of crap I've ever owned (mk2 wasn't much better) the only good thing about it was the Quattro, it just gripped and gripped. The 350z is a much better drivers car imho, I never get bored of its torque and it feels like an "event" every time you drive it.

I owned both tts for about a year each and I've had the 350 for six, says it all really.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

I asked a similar question on the TT forum and they seem to be anoraks who are blinded by the tt who think its the best car ever.

It is the 225 but I drive like a nun so its not about speed etc but I want a comfy car. I lent my mates mk3 golf vr6 and I need a v6 but wouldnt get a mk1 3.2 as i dont see the point in having the same car twice, I would rather change to something new.

I'll have to try and have a look at some and see what I want to do.

Thanks guys,

I asked a similar question on the TT forum and they seem to be anoraks who are blinded by the tt who think its the best car ever.

It is the 225 but I drive like a nun so its not about speed etc but I want a comfy car. I lent my mates mk3 golf vr6 and I need a v6 but wouldnt get a mk1 3.2 as i dont see the point in having the same car twice, I would rather change to something new.

I'll have to try and have a look at some and see what I want to do.

In my opinion, the Zed is extremely comfortable. I often take it on 500 mile plus drives (as I live over in Luxembourg) and often trip back to the UK. Zed is a really good cruiser. The engine power delivery is silky smooth and I find the Zed to be extremely versatile.

One day I can be cruising on a long trip, another day of simple short trips to the shops/work or whatever, and the next day slamming it round the Nurburgring! :)

I was just about to ask the same question on the forum today. But I figure this is a 350z forum so perhaps the opinions might be slightly biased.

I really like the TT and 350z looks but after reading a lot of reviews, I think 350z have a better rating.

I have both and both are extremely different to drive regards handling.. TT is running just shy of 300bhp with Quattro and the 359z a standard 275bhp... I would say if I had to choose it would be the 350z personally

Edited by MikeyM

Yeah, we had a MK1 TT, the 180 version. Had it from brand new (2002) on a lease which was pretty lucky as we had to call out the lease company many times to come and fix the electrical gremlins. Nice liittle car though, much nicer inside than The Zed but the reliability problems ruined the experience. Both the Zed's we have now, mine for 9 years and the Wife's for 5 and a half have been problem free.

Pete

My friend has just bought a 2006 Quattro Sport and chipped it to around 265bhp. Whilst it seems like a great car I would choose my 350Z all day long, although I've not actually driven it. If I didn't care about how it drove then maybe my choice would be different.

Personally I'd say you really need to take a test drive in a 350 to truly appreciate it & see how you think it compares to your TT. If you go to a dealership then I see no problem in "test driving" potential cars even if you're not necessarily 100% on whether you will buy it or not.

Also depending on your budget it would probably be best to try & drive both a DE Zed and the HR Zed if you can, ..obviously providing your budget can stretch to the latter. ;)

Z's a bit harsh but if your after thrills compared to your TT... test drive one, HR if possible... get it in 2nd, 2.5K revs... stamp your right foot, you will be sold lol. It's got some grunt despite them getting old now lol

I have just recently switched from my TT 225 and brought a zed . I had some nice memories in my TT but i haven't looked back since i got my 350 :) . The only things that i really loved on the TT was the 4wd and the interior was slightly better but not by much.

Test drive both and i'm pretty certain you will get a 350 :)

I have owned mk1 225 and mk2 3.2v6 tt and now have a 350z. I'm probably not the best to comment on this as the mk1 was the most unreliable piece of crap I've ever owned (mk2 wasn't much better) the only good thing about it was the Quattro, it just gripped and gripped. The 350z is a much better drivers car imho, I never get bored of its torque and it feels like an "event" every time you drive it.

I owned both tts for about a year each and I've had the 350 for six, says it all really.

If you remove the Mk2 aspects of this quote, it's pretty much what I'd say about my TT ownership experience. Had my Zed 4 years now and have never looked back or regretted selling the TT.

OP I notice you mention you asked the same question to the TT owners. And the response you got wasn't a surprise really. I must add, that I find that this place (the forum) and fellow Z owners only add to the positive ownership experience.

300bhp rwd masculine driver's car, with Japanese reliability, rarity factor and very good ratings accross the motoring press; pre-cayman, was the evo choice small coupe (5stars).

TT isn't any of those things.

A test drive in a good one (preferably HR with a decent aftermarket exhaust) should be all that's required!

• Like 1

with Japanese reliability

....the engine ... just not the other bits, but don't let that put you off :lol:;) My friends big broher had one years ago (TT) and the interior design was crap. Yes the Z has cheap plastics but it looks good with the cascading dash into the centre console, cubby hole bit (HR looks the best ;) ). I hate the 'gap' underneath the TT's dash and in other cars, I'm not sure why I just like them to flow and join lol(I'm wierd shhh)

The VQ35DE won numerous awards over the years. Some say it's the best V6 there was. A lot say it's the best sounding V6 ever.

Coupled with the relative rarity of 350Z's compared to the 25 audi TT's you might see every day. More if you include later models.

I used to visit a friend who's pretty wife had a mk1 then a mk 2 Audi TT. I'd follow in my 350Z to destinations around oxford and who got more looks, points and waves? Me. A big ugly guy in a 350Z.

Says it all!

The 350Z is an event every time you get in it and turn the key.

PS: friends pretty wife hated her MK2.

Now has a 335D.

Edited by TT350

A lot say it's the best sounding V6 ever.

An FTO MIVEC on full chat @ C 8500RPM through a decent decat properly made full system for me. Mine was the closest to my favourite exhaust note so far ever - the Porsche V10 Carrera 5L - just an awesome thing :)