New car time again ~ My new German whip.

GMballistic

Nice car dude , really really good cars and shed loads of tunning potential :)

Happy days

Cheers Josh.

That's kind of what I want. Can be a "pet" project for sometime then & keep me busy fiddling. ;)

First things first though, ...going to get some fresh oil, all new filters in it & a check over.

It's spent most of it's life being looked after by Audi Whetstone, London so I'm pretty certain it's been looked after though. Supposed to be a top end dealership in an expensive part of London apparently. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Went to an Audi dealership for the first time yesterday, ...all I'll say is it's very posh. :lol:

I wanted to speak to the service department & parts department about a few things. A lady standing at a welcome desk greeted me when I came in & asked how she could help. I told her I was here to ask the service department a few questions regarding some prices/fixes and that I needed to speak to the parts department about prices for some parts I wanted.

She asked for my name and said she'd get someone to ring me, ....perplexed I asked; "Isn't there a service department or parts department here then?"

To which she replied: "Yes but they're all upstairs on phones so usually ring customers". :wacko::dry:

I think she could tell though that I thought that was a bit mental tbh as she accommodated me by actually getting me a person I could talk to face to face rather than over a bl**dy phone when we were both in the same chuffing building. :lol:

Anyway I bought a genuine Audi/VW group air filter, pollen filter and touch up paint set. Just replaced the pollen filter today and a good job too as you can tell from the state of the one from in the car below...

005%20Old%20pollen%20filter_zpsaajx40fa.jpg

New genuine one just before the fitting for comparison below.

006%20New%20genuine%20pollen%20filter_zpszvvayprg.jpg

:)

Jolly good show Granville !

What's the touch up paint for?.........you've not scratched it already have you?

I haven't no. It is a used car though so unfortunately there are some marks from the previous owners & 7/8 years of use.

Basically one large chip above the windscreen from a stone by the looks of it and several chips on the edge of each door. All dealt with now though. :teeth:

Going to do the air filter tomorrow and some more cleaning. Got my toothbrush, leather wipes & glass cleaner so the interiors gonna have it tomorrow! :lol:;)

What's first impressions like driving it compared to the Honda?

Honestly so far it's awesome. :D

I actually look forward to driving it unlike the Civic were tbh I wasn't really that fussed on just driving it for the sake of it plus the Audi's a great looking car.

I'm not going to pretend like some of these people online that I'm a car reviewer or Quentin Wilson in disguise but the Audi really does handle very well. The steering feels effortless & the power delivery from the 2 Ltr engine/turbo charger really packs a nice punch. It's also a very smooth ride and definitely feels more solid than the Honda did.

Plus it also feels a lot newer than a 2008 to me and the interior design/layout/features are fantastic imo. :) This one's a keeper. ;)

I actually look forward to driving it unlike the Civic were tbh I wasn't really that fussed on just driving it for the sake of it plus the Audi's a great looking car.

I'm not going to pretend like some of these people online that I'm a car reviewer or Quentin Wilson in disguise but the Audi really does handle very well. The steering feels effortless & the power delivery from the 2 Ltr engine/turbo charger really packs a nice punch. It's also a very smooth ride and definitely feels more solid than the Honda did.

Plus it also feels a lot newer than a 2008 to me and the interior design/layout/features are fantastic imo. :) This one's a keeper. ;)

I looked at a Civic once but the cheap flimsy plastics put me off.

A lot of reviewers say the steering on Audis is a bit vague, I don't know how true this is as I've never driven one, but you appear to be happy with it.

Half the time I think they have to find fault with something just to fill the page!

Glad you like it anyway.....have fun! :thumbs:

Edited by 350zedd
  • Like 1

I looked at a Civic once but the cheap flimsy plastics put me off.

A lot of reviewers say the steering on Audis is a bit vague, I don't know how true this is as I've never driven one, but you appear to be happy with it.

Half the time I think they have to find fault with something just to fill the page!

Glad you like it anyway.....have fun! :thumbs:

I can see why they might say that as it's very effortless to steer thanks to the power steering. The steering to me isn't what I'd call vague as by definition that would mean that it is imprecise which it's most definitely not.

It is definitely strange though at first because it takes so little effort/strength to turn the steering wheel as appose to the Honda and other cars I have driven but I like it as I can still feel the road through the wheel & it feels like a go kart in the corners. ;)

what a show room, looks like a 993 turbo in the background - NICE!

Like the S3, great choice... does the S3 have the flat bottom steering wheel? my A4 does and found it a bit awkward at first but then just got comfortable with it

Enjoy the S3!

• Like 1

What showroom is that? :D

It's ASM Performance in Buckinghamshire. ;)

what a show room, looks like a 993 turbo in the background - NICE!

Like the S3, great choice... does the S3 have the flat bottom steering wheel? my A4 does and found it a bit awkward at first but then just got comfortable with it

Enjoy the S3!

Honestly there were so many awesome cars there that I just didn't have time to look at or take pictures of them all.

When I was looking at the Audi S3's it was one of my criteria for the car that I wanted to have the flat bottom steering wheel. I really like the design of it and I wasn't disappointed when I first drove it with the wheel. :teeth:

I'm definitely enjoying the S3 so far thanks. :thumbs:

You sound just like Quentin Wilson. :p:lol:

• Like 1

You sound just like Quentin Wilson. :p:lol:

Rofl. :lol:

Cheers Chris, ...now when I read that back to myself I'm doing it in Quentin Wilsons voice in my head. :surrender:

So today I was on a cleaning type frenzy with a few service items done as well all under the blazing sun.

Replaced the glovebox bulb as it had blown with an LED one I had laying around and also fitted my new genuine Audi air filter. I must say if you all thought the 350 Zeds dipstick was a bad design then you've never seen where Audi/VW group decided to put their air filter on the TFSI engines. :dry:

FYI it's inside the engine cover with the Audi rings and "2.0 TURBO S3" written on it...

025%20-%20Copy_zpsqmnxhhwr.jpg

I was going to take pictures but I never realised it would be such a PITA to change plus I was sweating like a pig under the sun. Some pictures below stolen from Google to show you what a nuisance it is to change. :wacko:

e9830z.jpg

Once you've got that cover off, which btw is never as easy as I was lead to believe from a Youtube video, you then have to separate it in order to get at the filter...

AirBoxBottom.jpg

AirBoxOpening.jpg

Oh and the kicker was that when I finally got at my old filter I could tell it was definitely no more than a few months old as it was like brand new. :rant::lol: Replaced it anyway as mine was a genuine Audi/VW one & the one in there was a Crossland filter, plus I know it's good to go now for 12 months at least. :thumbs:

• Like 3