New car time again ~ My new German whip.

GMballistic

Thought I'd post this interior picture below that I took the other day. For those not aware the flat bottom steering wheel was an optional extra as is the white light lit up dashboard (believe usually it's lit up red).

It also has a Pioneer AVH-8700BT double din DVD/CD/Radio which although I was after the Audi Sat Nav system, after I researched what this stereo could do, the price & all its features I was sold on it. B)

007_zpshm5pjbia.jpg

;)

I had a VW Touran at one point and that was lit blue... Liked that colour a lot, but as I recall the TT was red

I really like it in white as it's such a clean crisp light. Not sure I would have liked it lit up red, ...blue wouldn't have been too bad though I'd guess. ;)

There's not much to bling in that bay is there? :(

Maybe go mad and replace those two blue lids. Done. :lol:

:lol: Not really Stu no, ...I know you can get Forge covers for those two lids & plenty of people change the engine covers for TT ones or you can get carbon fibre ones too.

Personally as always I'll be focusing my attention mainly on performance mods rather than bling or showy items with the only exceptions possibly being a change of front grill & some new alloy wheels in the future. ;)

For now though I've just been focusing on getting all the service items done and plenty of cleaning. Polished the exhaust up earlier...

014%20-%20Copy_zps8tfgp9fk.jpg

009%20-%20Copy_zpstohgis9y.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As SuperStu was stating that there wasn't much to bling up in the engine bay I decided to use some of the Password JDM anodized red washers & stainless steel bolts just to add some colour at least. ;)

023_zpscfp7nwt7.jpg

Literally that's it though! :lol: Think I fitted around 5 of them in there. Waiting on some longer countersunk stainless steel bolts though & then I might be able to fit a few more. ;)

The S3 did have a good hoover, wash, correction, polish & wax yesterday/today. Still not finished completely as I'm using the Meguiars 3 stage crystal system by hand so it does take time to complete to a good standard.

Finished the bonnet though and I'm pretty pleased with it. Hopefully ilogikal1 or some of the other detailing guys can comment on my reflection shots though as I'd be interested to know what others think. ;)

020_zpslorexogi.jpg

021_zpsrz49ltih.jpg

022_zpsl41ye6vn.jpg

• Like 2

two words .............. halogen lights :thumbs: ............ then we'll know how good you are :lol::stir:

Yeah I think I might leave those to the pros, ...or secretly get Ed@Divine Detail to do my Audi then just pass it off as all my own work. :teeth:

Went to an Audi dealership for the first time yesterday, ...all I'll say is it's very posh. :lol:

Aren't they just. (Posh)

Gf got her A1 from the one in Trafford. Christ. Women working there looked like models or bond girls and the guys were dressed like Bond. And the showroom itself. Wow.

They weren't arsed at all about selling an A1 to normal people.

Shobna Gulati was at a desk to our side buying something mega. I heard a balance of 75k being mentioned (she traded in a TTRS)

As SuperStu was stating that there wasn't much to bling up in the engine bay I decided to use some of the Password JDM anodized red washers & stainless steel bolts just to add some colour at least. ;)

023_zpscfp7nwt7.jpg

Nice! You should go full JDM on its German ass. Giant rear view mirror, slash tips, massive bumper mounted intercooler, weather protectors, tints, keep it clean; it'll literally blow people's minds!

S0-Audi-A3-Le-JDM-Style-touche-aussi-les-allemandes-89897.jpg

Don't forget chopped sticker!

• Like 1

Hopefully ilogikal1 or some of the other detailing guys can comment on my reflection shots though as I'd be interested to know what others think. ;)

You called? :teeth:

Decent reflections there, mate. Good work for a hand job on that super hard German... paint. ;)

two words .............. halogen lights :thumbs: ............ then we'll know how good you are :lol::stir:

:lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Went to an Audi dealership for the first time yesterday, ...all I'll say is it's very posh. :lol:

Aren't they just. (Posh)

Gf got her A1 from the one in Trafford. Christ. Women working there looked like models or bond girls and the guys were dressed like Bond. And the showroom itself. Wow.

They weren't arsed at all about selling an A1 to normal people.

Shobna Gulati was at a desk to our side buying something mega. I heard a balance of 75k being mentioned (she traded in a TTRS)

Don't get me started on the women there, :cloud9: ...it was literally like a parade of models. Even the, shall we say "plus size" girl, who was on the reception area was banging. :lol:

Nice! You should go full JDM on its German ass. Giant rear view mirror, slash tips, massive bumper mounted intercooler, weather protectors, tints, keep it clean; it'll literally blow people's minds!

Don't forget chopped sticker!

That would be quite funny I'm sure & that would definitely rile up some of the German purists turning up at a show like that. :dry::lol:

I do prefer performance mods though & subtle changes so we'll see. :thumbs:

Hopefully ilogikal1 or some of the other detailing guys can comment on my reflection shots though as I'd be interested to know what others think. ;)

You called? :teeth:

Decent reflections there, mate. Good work for a hand job on that super hard German... paint. ;)

Cheers Matt. :D

In the end the bonnet was the only area I actually got finished. When I started looking at the doors and side panels in the light yesterday I could see quite a lot of light blemishes/marks so I used that Lake Country Hydro Pad that you had recommended to me before along with some Scratch x2.0.

It worked really well actually but by the time I had worked my way around the whole car with that & finished the Megs 3 stage on the bonnet it was 9 o'clock odd so I thought I'd call it a day.

Definitely satisfying though seeing the results (even if it's not quite as good as what the Pros can achieve). :thumbs:

If it's any conciliation, even I look at some of Ed and Ricey's work with a degree of envy. Even more so when I see Ricey's studio. :lol:

Yep I keep thinking more and more about how I might just give in one of these days & let the pros do their magic on my car. B);)

Whip out that 2.0TFSI and bosh an old school 2.2 5 pot in it :)

What I have been wondering lately is would the TTRS 5 pot fit in there?! Relocate the battery to the boot for more space...

Honestly haven't seen anyone do that with the S3 but that maybe because it isn't feasible (gearbox orientation?) or the costs out way the gains. There are a fair few 400-500Bhp S3's about on the Audi forums all running modified 2.0 TFSI engines so maybe it's just the better option to stick with what's in it already. :shrug:

Vorsprung Durch JDM Yo Technik. :D

024_zpsln6rydl0.jpg

026_zpsmxox0bah.jpg

027_zpsxnsnxozy.jpg

Only a few little touches but I do love my Password JDM washers and after having them on several of my last few cars just can't help myself. Think the red really goes well against the black too. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So today I had a day off work and what better way to spend the morning than visiting a performance garage to have them look it over & see what they can do to my Audi should I choose to mod it in the future. :teeth:

030%20Revo%20Stage%201%20TSR%20250716_zpst1cn2yj6.jpg

I actually went there for a specific reason (dyno power run) but in the end did something different although I'm pleased with the results. The garage I went to was TSR Performance and I had my Forge atmospheric DV taken off and a new revision G diverter valve fitted with a GFB DV+ (recirculating).

Old

002_zpslqltrihq.jpg

New.

032_zps4iakn1od.jpg

The car pulls much better and although I do miss the "tsshhhh" of the Forge atmospheric BOV I think this is a much better performance set up for the car. :evil::thumbs:

• Like 4