New car time again ~ My new German whip.

GMballistic

No choo choo :(

:lol:

No not anymore.

It's a much better set up though performance wise. B)

The new diverter valve I've got with the GFB DV+ will open in response to both boost pressure & the ECU signal resulting in less turbo lag because the valve will not open unnecessarily like the one I had on there might have. Basically turbo lag is minimised when the valve only vents just enough air to prevent compressor surge.

More info here for anyone interested: http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/dv-t9351-suits-late-model-vag-euro-applications-by-gfb

:thumbs:

• 5 weeks later...

Get that engine bay pimped up mister ;-)

:lol: Thanks Eve.

Plenty of plastic for you to dip in there. :);)

So you'd recommend an S3 then? I'm still toying with what to buy and need 5 doors. Was thinking A6 but if I could find a nice S3 then I'd be interestes in a look

Oh definitely. Still very happy with mine.

As cliche as it sounds the build quality is excellent especially if you are more used to Japanese type interiors or Ford build quality (everything just feels more solid). The car has some great features and pulls really well.

Plenty of mods available for them with remapping bringing out more power very easily too. ;)

Get that engine bay pimped up mister ;-)

:lol: Thanks Eve.

Plenty of plastic for you to dip in there. :);)

So you'd recommend an S3 then? I'm still toying with what to buy and need 5 doors. Was thinking A6 but if I could find a nice S3 then I'd be interestes in a look

Oh definitely. Still very happy with mine.

As cliche as it sounds the build quality is excellent especially if you are more used to Japanese type interiors or Ford build quality (everything just feels more solid). The car has some great features and pulls really well.

Plenty of mods available for them with remapping bringing out more power very easily too. ;)

Can you re-map the factory ECU in them?

Can you re-map the factory ECU in them?

Very much so. B)

Not just from one company/tuner either as there are plenty of companies who can do it as well as custom mappers. For example Revo, APR, Superchips, GIAC, MTR & more.

Also a stock car with no modifications can be greatly improved on with a new map. For example: "Revo Stage 1" software will take the stock power from 261Bhp to between 296Bhp & 311Bhp (depending on conditions, fuel etc). Stage 1 is £499 most places so a bargain really (imo). ;)

Link: http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/software/audi/s3/123/stage-1?ref=tsr-performance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't pull my leg you know that's been washed! :blush::lol::D

Btw ~ Just run out of "Turtle Wax" tyre shine today Matt, ...any recommendations for a decent tyre shine?

Of course, looking good for it as well.

If you want shiny, shiny tyres then Megs Endurance but if you prefer the natural look then Gyeon Tire (sic) and force cure it with a heat gun. So long at tyres are cleaned first, Gyeon will last a while but Endurance never seems to live up to that name with its fairly average durability.

If you want shiny, shiny tyres then Megs Endurance but if you prefer the natural look then Gyeon Tire (sic) and force cure it with a heat gun. So long at tyres are cleaned first, Gyeon will last a while but Endurance never seems to live up to that name with its fairly average durability.

Think I might try the Megs then.

I just wanted something I can easily apply which will make the tyres look like new again every so often.

Have often used spray can type tyre dressings with limited success tbh. Cheers. :thumbs:

Clean the tyres properly before applying (APC, scrub, rinse, repeat until the APC lather stops turning brown) and any tyre dressing will last longer.

Megs is best applied with a brush too, btw. And make sure you let it cure before driving the car as it does sling if you're not a bit tight with it when applying.

• Like 2

Clean the tyres properly before applying (APC, scrub, rinse, repeat until the APC lather stops turning brown) and any tyre dressing will last longer.

Megs is best applied with a brush too, btw. And make sure you let it cure before driving the car as it does sling if you're not a bit tight with it when applying.

ahh ......... I've always used a kitchen sponge (the one with the green rough side)

ahh ......... I've always used a kitchen sponge (the one with the green rough side)

A scouring sponge just to be technical. :lol::D

m56RZJx0nwkRxXiHfkRaPwQ.jpg

Tbh I probably would have used a waffle sponge applicator if Matt & Dan hadn't mentioned using brushes. ;)

• Like 1