Sonic boom over yorkshire

jowen7448

Anyone else hear/feel the booms over Yorkshireabout 20 mins ago. Reported to be heard/felt over Leeds, Harrogate, Wakefield, Doncaster and over towards York.

Apparently 2 RAF typhoons being scrambled broke sound barrier over Leeds.

Made my house shake, set car alarms off. Poor cat still looks like he is bricking himself.

Didn't hear the sonic booms but did hear a loud plane(s) over Robin Hood about that time ... checked on Radar 24 and there was nothing else in the area that loud ... just a couple of planes heading towards Leeds from Budapest and Corfu ?

Only info I have is from twitter accounts from various sources. General consensus, after everyone worrying about bombs, is that QRA Typhoons scrambled from Coningsby authorised to break sound barrier over land.

Heard it loud in my house. All the street came out to investigate. Sounded like bombs going off.

Still no news on why the fighters were scrambled and in such a hurry?

Heard it loud in my house. All the street came out to investigate. Sounded like bombs going off.

Still no news on why the fighters were scrambled and in such a hurry?

Apparently passenger flight from Paris to Newcastle went off course. Now landed. BBC slower than twitter though

alright ignore my contribution lol i'm way off :lol:

In fairness my first guess once I knew it was Typhoons was the Russians.

My initial guess whilst the rest of the street wanted to assume bombs was a minor earthquake.

We had it over Peterborough a few months ago, people complained but think security is more important. They are only allowed when authorised. The one over Peterborough was to do with the Russians I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Sick of these Russians. Let's launch all our planes, bombers and aircraft carriers at them.

Oh wait...We've got 0 aircraft carriers or long range bombers, and about 13 fighter jets lol.

• Like 1

We had it over Peterborough a few months ago, people complained but think security is more important. They are only allowed when authorised. The one over Peterborough was to do with the Russians I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye people here complaining it woke their kids up. Not knowing what it was at the time I did think would you not much rather that than a matter of national security was missed. Oh well...

Off to bed now so hope there is no more need for jet travel in excess of the speed of sound.

My better half thought they were demolishing ferrybridge power station cooling towers now it has been closed.

I mean come on. I can never figure women out

To be fair it is the right time of day for it ;):lol: