Alfa Romeo Brera

Loggy747

Alright lads, my old man is currently on the hunt for a new car. He likes the look of the Brera, as do I if I'm honest. I believe they got Clarkson a bit excited 😂. Anyway just wondering if any of you lot have had any experience with one? Doesn't matter which model, I know there are a few engine choices! I think he's eyeing up the 2.4 diesel. Is their reliability really as bad as their reputation?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one from new for 4 years and loved it. Still miss it.

Wasn't quick but it got more attention than any other car I've ever had. Constant compliments at lights and petrol stations.

The later model interior that I had is much nicer than the earlier one.

It was also the most reliable new car I've ever had. Not a problem.

It attracted a vandals than any other car I've had which wasn't good and the tyres were a weird size that no one ever had in stock.

A diesel would be wrong in such a pretty car though.

Both petrol engines sound really good but aren't the quickest. Makes me smile how they don't have plastic engine covers and are painted red.

I was gonna suggest the v6 as a alternative for a 370z but thought I'd get the usual anti Alfa comments and I'm still attached to my old Brera :)

d6e47bef59c2ad995a0e6bfda2917922.jpg

Edited by Kev

I've had two, a 155 and a 156, and both were reliable as any other car. In fact they were exceptional, never let me down except once when a stone went through the rad, which is hardly the cars fault.

The 156 was the V6 which wasn't the most powerful, but it sounded great and went well enough. With the Brera the V6 is better but still suffers from low-end grunt loss. They are much better when you wind up the revs a bit.

Edited by Toon Chris

Thanks for the feedback lads, I'll pass it all on. He was put off by some reviews online but I always think it's better to go by someone who has actually owned the car for a while! So their main downfall appears to be lack lustre engines. I think he should go have a look at one and see how it feels, make a decision then. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk