Infiniti G37 Coupe?

Shades Rs

After a busy year or so doing a house renovation I have sold my 350z and was debating on getting a 370z but with 2 young children and a miss's that likes to go out for spins on the weekend what do you guys think of the Infiniti G37 coupe? A 4 seater with all 370z running gear as far as I know. Has anyone experienced one first hand? Something a little different I guess but kept within the same family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just something im debating at the moment so would be great to have a chat with him if he's an active member. Not a bad shape on them either although front end looks slightly boring? a replacement bumper, grill and possibly headlights will be a must but struggling to find mods in this country.

Test drove one a while back and was very impressed at both the drive and build quality. If I could've afforded one back then I would've had one

If you could source an IPL kit you would have a very rare car here

• Like 1

Just something im debating at the moment so would be great to have a chat with him if he's an active member. Not a bad shape on them either although front end looks slightly boring? a replacement bumper, grill and possibly headlights will be a must but struggling to find mods in this country.

Username is ianphampton. Cab not a coupe though.

Edited by Kev

IPL kit does look nice in certain colours, just a change of bumpers and skirts? im guessing wings/arches stay as stock?

talking of wide aches etc.. check this out, may be a little OTT but certainly has presence

Is it bad that I actually quite like that G37 you posted?. :blush::lol:

Good compromise I'd say & good seeing you're still around Shades. ;)

• Like 1

IPL kit does look nice in certain colours, just a change of bumpers and skirts? im guessing wings/arches stay as stock?

talking of wide aches etc.. check this out, may be a little OTT but certainly has presence

Is it bad that I actually quite like that G37 you posted?. :blush::lol:

Good compromise I'd say & good seeing you're still around Shades. ;)

Hi buddy, ive been so busy for a good while now its nice to see the end in sight and have a bit of "Me' time ha.. im never too far away :)

• Like 1

Stanski had one I think. They're on my list of candidates along with the Toybaru and XKR.

http://www.350z-uk.c...g37s-pic-heavy/

i do like those Toybaru's. nearly bought one last year, i do think of "New toyota celica" when i see them though, as long as they don't depreciate in value like them all will be good! good fun car.

My dad has a white coupe g37. I feel like its a more grown up car than my 350z was, but that might just be because my dad has one.

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to have a drive of it yet but its nice from the passenger seat.

More usuable rear seats than in my GT86 if thats important to you, I can fit in the back with ample leg room.

• Like 1

I have the convertible, which is really the same as the coupe but the lid comes off. (It's a hard-top which stacks itself in the boot.)

I see you're in Wales - I'm Manchester, so if you're North Wales I'd happily meet if you wanted a closer look.

The engine is very nice (320hp) and pulls well, but they only do sequential auto gearboxes so you can drive on the paddles or in automatic. It's OK but not quite as direct as a manual box. (They do manuals in the US)

I think it's more of a Grand Tourer than a true sports car. It's very refined - and is a genuine 4 seater, I found the original set-up was so quiet the only way you knew what revs you had on was to look at the tachometer - and I don't like taking my eyes off the road for that, so I've modded the exhaust (AAM HFC and Y pipe, then I had JP exhausts build me a backbox) so it sounds a little better now.

If you really feed her the beanz she drinks the jungle juice, and (like the 350Z) she's pretty heavy so you have to be heavy with the right foot if you want her to respond.

If you want something a bit more civilised and with 4 good seats then you'll like her, but I have to admit there are times I miss the directness of selecting the gear and feeling the road through the wheels without a liquid transfer in the middle there somewhere.

Anyway - let me know if you want to have an up-close-and-personal interview with her

Ian

I normally like the rocket bunny style arches but I don't think they suit a G37. Do a google images search of 'stanced g37' if you want more ideas

If I had a money is no object project it would be one of these. Good luck with it

Another G37S here. I too came from a 350Z HR but a bad knee meant I needed an auto and was looking at 370Z's for a while. But then the G37 luxury appealed to me, I guess I'm getting old! :lol:

My car is exactly the same as Stanski's. In fact maybe it IS Stanski's, I bought it from a dealer in Derby last October. It has been fantastic btw, smooth and wafty in the traffic and then very reminiscent of the Zed when you want it to be! :teeth: If you've got any questions just let me know.

• Like 1

Great comments so far, Thank you!

Apart from the G37 being a little more refined than the 350z/370z and seems to be a little thirsty the feedback has been good. So Ive Just bought a Fully loaded 2009 Facelift finished in white pearl with 64k miles from new, it has a little panel damage to the front corner so will be perfect for what i have planned. That is... providing everything goes to plan! overall buying this car cheaper should offset or at least help towards mods as I was going to change the front bumper, headlights and fit the vented front fenders or possibly the wide arch kit (i have found on Alibaba.com) has anyone had experience from buying off this site? i will post pics up soon and let you guys know how its coming along :)

• Like 2