Etes-vous en Belgique?

HaydnH

We were only having this discussion on site today, this morning they were waiting for who claimed responsibility and later it was announced (as if we didnt know), but in reality, what does it matter, i personally think the news should just read, "a terrorist attack" or "some terrorists", we certainly shouldnt allow them any credit.

• Like 1

I think we're desensitised to it.

I'm 45 and British, I grew up with terrorist attacks all the time by the IRA, INLA, UVA and UVF. I think it's hard to get to this age and still be shocked by terrorist attacks.

That's also why the terrorists are wasting their time.

I think we're desensitised to it.

I'm 45 and British, I grew up with terrorist attacks all the time by the IRA, INLA, UVA and UVF. I think it's hard to get to this age and still be shocked by terrorist attacks.

That's also why the terrorists are wasting their time.

You're right, the Nazis killed 40,000 civilians in London in just one month during the blitz and where I grew up there were many reminders (bombies we called them) of what my parents and people alive back then had to put up with during WW2. It didn't change anything back then and killing innocent civilians whether it be in Brussels, New York, London or Paris won't change anything now.

Pete

:lol:

It was bizarre actually, I was sat in a meeting with the engineering team at the time and they tend to get updates a bit quicker via the official channels than the media do. Radio message comes in saying that the Metro was bombed as well, and then 2 mins later on the TV they report the exact same thing. Felt very odd hearing it like that, I can tell you.

I was in Brussels the day after the Paris attacks and Ive got guys working at the Airport at the moment too, one of them had only been out of the departures 10 minutes when the bomb went off ........... but life goes on.

At the end of the day, harsh as it sounds its 2 attacks in a city of 2m people, my thoughts are with those that were killed or injured but shouting and crying about it or changing plans because of it is exactly what these guys want.

Its disturbing the number of people Ive already seen saying that allowing Muslim immigration is the root cause of the problem when it blatantly isnt but Im confident that it will just bring Europeans closer rather than sending a wedge down the middle, we are a lot more accepting than the guys that are doing this think we are,

Its disturbing the number of people Ive already seen saying that allowing Muslim immigration is the root cause of the problem when it blatantly isnt

I've always been puzzled how free, liberal minded, progressive people reconcile their ideology with those of an ideology that is ultra conservative and oppressive by comparison. And that's leaving the extremists aside.

Seems to me that just because it's classed as a religion, and not politics, it gets a free pass to be an asshole to people.

Edited by Juggalo

Because people, as a rule enjoy being told what to do. That may be by laws, or it may be by religion. Very few people are happy just doing whatever they want, so if they get told what to do (and in the case of religion, what to think) it's one less stress out of their lives.

Tbh, the quicker we sack off ALL religion the better the world would be.

• Like 2

It's my feeling that the world is on the edge and only needs a gentle nudge into all out chaos.

I do think religion will be banned eventually, after crusades worldwide against islam. Then a sort of mopping up of other religions, cults etc. Basically anything that has some sort of spiritual basis.

Lets face it, you have got to be pretty f****d in the head to go and strap a bomb to yourself, much like a serial killer, there are probably issues in the first place if you go down one of these routes, religion is just the scapegoat if you ask me, just like a serial killer saying the voices inside his head told him to do it. Fortunately there are not many of them :)

Because people, as a rule enjoy being told what to do. That may be by laws, or it may be by religion. Very few people are happy just doing whatever they want, so if they get told what to do (and in the case of religion, what to think) it's one less stress out of their lives.

Tbh, the quicker we sack off ALL religion the better the world would be.

It's my feeling that the world is on the edge and only needs a gentle nudge into all out chaos.

I do think religion will be banned eventually, after crusades worldwide against islam. Then a sort of mopping up of other religions, cults etc. Basically anything that has some sort of spiritual basis.

Although I'm not religious at all, I think it has its uses, and they're not all negative. I think you contradicted yourself a bit Dan, because as I'm sure you're aware, a lot of people aren't just more comfortable being told what to do and think, they pretty much need it. Let's not forget also that faith does give a lot of people a sense of hope and purpose in life, and helps them through tough times.

TT, I'm not sure how serious you were, but I think that's a stretch to imagine all religion being banned.