2015 Civic Type R - PCP......

nowhereboy

I have just come out of the Honda garage i sat in the car thought it was lovely just felt right

Then the sales manager talked so much rubbish I had to walk away

These are special tyres this and there's only a 1000 left that argggh man I had to walk away

• Like 1

Call me old fashioned but I believe that if you cannot afford to buy it outright then don't buy it. :blush:

For fairly obvious reasons mortgages are okay as we all need a roof. (Besides they are generally an appreciating asset)

90% of all new cars depreciate rather quickly. So despite the fairly small monthly cost that money is basically the cost of paying the depreciation. I.e you will never get it back.

Free servicing on a new car is a gimmick and not worth that much to be honest. So the Only winners here are the dealer's.

Sorry for being a pesimist :surrender:

If you want something newish I would say get a finance deal on a 2\3 year old car. That way someone else has already paid the steepest part of the depreciation curve! :yahoo:

P.s feel free to ignore my boring no fun advice. :p

I'm not so sure, you do hear this argument a lot but new cars depreciate the same whether you pay cash or on credit and "renting" a depreciating asset makes more sense in some ways than buying

IF you do choose credit ie PCP or HP its often a condition that you have FSH from a dealer and that can be £600 at least over 3 years so its a significant amount, on my previous car it was more than the cost of credit. If you can borrow the money instead of using your savings AND get a return on your own money you'd be mad to use your savings to finance a new car

Of course its cheaper to buy a 2 or 3 year old one instead and there is a lot to be said for that but not everyone wants a used car, its a special day picking up your brand spanking car with delivery miles on it

Taking all that on board I'd be looking at the Focus RS as well but its a 4 door and quite anonymous compared the Honda and I really cant see it being as "cult" as the previous model but who knows, you need to look at the figures

I want it, just got to work out the best way of doing it and I won't be rushed into it by the dealer. Still worth driving the RS too if I get the chance.

Seriously, drive the RS, Golf R and M135i as well before making any decision - at the least youll be able to tell people how good/bad they are and Ive no doubt you'll enjoy them all :)

I want it, just got to work out the best way of doing it and I won't be rushed into it by the dealer. Still worth driving the RS too if I get the chance.

Seriously, drive the RS, Golf R and M135i as well before making any decision - at the least youll be able to tell people how good/bad they are and Ive no doubt you'll enjoy them all :)

Already drove the Golf, brilliant car but the understated look's are way to boring for my liking, I'd never be happy with it unless modifying and that would be defeating the point. The RS is a serious contender now, I'll see how I feel after driving one in april. The year long waiting list is a bit of a headache but I'd wait if it was going to be worth it.

I totally forgot about the Focus RS! as stated multiple times already, you will be in a better position when it comes to the ballon payment vs the value of the car. Plus I suspect when you drove the Type R, the modern chassis/Diff and brand new tyres covered up a lot of the reasons why every car with 300BHP+ isn't FWD. The RS with 4WD for pressing on and RWD for fun,, no brainers IMHO.

• Like 3

I totally forgot about the Focus RS! as stated multiple times already, you will be in a better position when it comes to the ballon payment vs the value of the car. Plus I suspect when you drove the Type R, the modern chassis/Diff and brand new tyres covered up a lot of the reasons why every car with 300BHP+ isn't FWD. The RS with 4WD for pressing on and RWD for fun,, no brainers IMHO.

I think the focus is going to be a revaluation

Already drove the Golf, brilliant car but the understated look's are way to boring for my liking, I'd never be happy with it unless modifying and that would be defeating the point. The RS is a serious contender now, I'll see how I feel after driving one in april. The year long waiting list is a bit of a headache but I'd wait if it was going to be worth it.

I'm with you on the golf just can't get past how meh it looked

I thought the same with the focus to be honest, too tame for a modern RS in my opinion after the last one but thought the type r swung too far the other way by trying to hard to look "in your face"

I'm waiting for a call from Reading Ford regarding a test drive in the RS. I'm not to keen on the global five door looks but it's still an impressive car.

I still maintain they should have launched an RS fiesta as well, that would have been a cracker :)

Yup agreed the RS is a little bland looking. Need to see one in the flesh. In some of the pictures the front mount intercooler is on show and it makes the car look much better. It seems it comes with a grill that covers it from the factory tho. I've never bought a new car, I expect mods invalidate warranty etc....

Nope. Only mods that can be proven to have broken that part of the car (i.e. if you whack the boost up and the engine goes pop) will fail that particular part of the warranty. In the case of the IC cover, you could remove it but when it gets peppered with stones and needs replacing Ford won't be interested.

You can also get your car serviced wherever you like using OEM-quality parts, and the warranty remains intact.

Does the FRS look a little staid next to the CTR? Yes. However, that's a good thing as the CTR is the most god-awful butt-ugly Halfords-parts-bin-special car we've had out in a long time.

• Like 1

Depends on what the finance agreement says. I've not seen any that specifically prohibit remaps, but then I've not seen them from all companies.

Remap would only invalidate the bits it could break, i.e. powertrain and engine. If you had a seat fall apart, for example, that would still be covered.

Exactly the same problem with the 135i, very capable car but very yawn

Depends on what the finance agreement says. I've not seen any that specifically prohibit remaps, but then I've not seen them from all companies.

Remap would only invalidate the bits it could break, i.e. powertrain and engine. If you had a seat fall apart, for example, that would still be covered.

I can only speak for VAG stuff it's in the finance agreement and part of the process of a warranty claim requires a ecu check, if the image isn't the same as stock then the system automatically flags it up . I don't think a faulty seat would trigger it but a gearbox fault would resulting in a rejected claim despite the remap not causing the issue . There was a guy on the Seat forum who fell foul of it when a simple failure caused his car to stop working , nothing to do with the remap . There have been quite a few turbo failures on Golf R's , again a manufacturing flaw but warranty claims have been rejected if the car is not stock , as these cars respond so well to a remap it could be a big issue down the line , a dsg box runs to quite a few grand

• Like 1

Sorry, what I meant was that if the stitching in the seat fell apart then VW would still have to fix that, regardless of remap or not. However, if they do routinely scan the ECU for remaps every time the car goes in and then grass you up to the finance company, and you have to cough up the entire sum then and there, I don't think I'd be buying a VAG product again. Not that I can't see it from their side: Indeed, it makes sense, I just don't think that's a particularly nice thing to insert in financial agreements.

Gearboxes certainly shouldn't be covered if you've had a remap, there's even an argument to not cover suspension components as the extra shove could cause wear and tear on those...

Sorry, what I meant was that if the stitching in the seat fell apart then VW would still have to fix that, regardless of remap or not. However, if they do routinely scan the ECU for remaps every time the car goes in and then grass you up to the finance company, and you have to cough up the entire sum then and there, I don't think I'd be buying a VAG product again. Not that I can't see it from their side: Indeed, it makes sense, I just don't think that's a particularly nice thing to insert in financial agreements.

Gearboxes certainly shouldn't be covered if you've had a remap, there's even an argument to not cover suspension components as the extra shove could cause wear and tear on those...

The finance company is usually VWFS on new cars , I cant comment on other companies as I haven't looked at their T's and C's but they arent alone by any means

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5635710-TD1-warranty-flag

• Like 1

Good read, thanks. Backs up what I was saying about only the powertrain warranty being affected.

Nothing on there about the finance side of the remaps though? And like you say, if it's only something that VWFS now do (they certainly didn't back in 2010 when I had my agreement with them) then it becomes an easy choice just to get finance from someone else: Zero risk then! Silly, silly VAG.

If you dont agree to it then you shouldnt sign it , you cant even fit a personal plate without permission

If its under finance its not your car

Edited by Richf@H-Dev

True, however that doesn't mean that an unfair term can be inserted ;)

I tend to agree with you, read what you sign, but at the same time it wouldn't stop me doing non-reversible mods to the car. Mapping would be completely out though.

I don't think I ever told VWFS that I put a private plate on my car, despite Porsche having it under the new reg on their system :lol: I only found out that I forgot when I came to sell the car and put the old plate back on, oops!