So, had my Zed in for uprev today...

zippypooz

Hi guys, thought id post this up as some may be interested.

Firstly, this is what ive done prior to uprev:

Motordyne Art de-cats

XYZ HFC Y pipe

Custom 3" boxless mid-pipe

Plenum spacer

Pipercross panel filter

Non 'performance' related mods:

19" Nismo GT4's

Lowered

So, I decided to go with Horsham Developments, what a nice bunch of guys and obvious straight away that these chaps know what theyre talking about when it comes to Zeds be it 350z or 370z. Met the dog too which was happily crunching on a dead coot before swallowing the whole thing...legs and all!!

So the uprev began, was pleased with the initial run: 286.5 HP (Before Uprev).

Being that this is a 2005 DE I was pretty pleased, as we all know, over the years your car will lose HP.

I do wonder that if i hadnt done the above mods, would my car have reached this reading?

Which also throws a spanner in the works when it comes to the ECU over-riding any bolt on mod that you do.

I have my own opinion on this and the guys at HD seemed to agree.

That said, its about the gains before and after rather than HP and from what ive heard, most dynos vary somewhat.

Gotta say, she does feel more responsive, from 1st to 3rd and more poky at higher speeds too. Mpg may have improved but need to do some short trips to and from work to see exactly what shes now doing...

Thanks to the guys at HD, well worth it.

Anyway, heres the results after Uprev...make of it what you will!

IMG_9739%202_zpsaqlxbyym.jpg

• Like 5

Cracked the 300bhp mark!!! Well done matey. A figure very well thought to be what is expected of a healthy bolt on DE. Thus the pre and post uprev figures are as close to true as anyone would expect, clever ickle Nissan ecu allowing breather mods to make power and maintain this above factory figure.

Picture of the the AFR's?

David

• Like 1

So 6hp more than your dyno run, hopefully the discussion on the other thread is some what validated for you now.

Pleased the mapping has improved the feel etc :)

Well yup although it still produced a good first run, just not 295, but like most said, different dyno, different reading...although i am now convinced that the ECU doesnt try and revert back to stock after bolt ons.
  • Like 1

Yep you cant compare different dynos or different days but ultimately you cant drive a dyno, its all down to how the car drives on the road

Its nice to know ive got a pretty healthy zed too!! Ha...Jellybaby???

Yep Its always good to know its good on the inside as well;)

^ that was at a different place no? So not a comparable figure ultimately.

Yes, which is exactly what we said over there about dyno discrepancies and no way a std de was producing 295hp, but it was defended :surrender:

Pleased you have actually got it mapped though buddy :D

Hi, good results after the re-map

The saying they re tune back to stock figures isnt what has been said, the car runs a AFR Layout based fueling equation. the AFR's you posted up as below

x8OMmD.jpg

the blue circle shows the typical AFR curve of a stock AFR Layout in a NON Upreved tuned ECU , this will be the same either car is totally stock or it has bolt on's just like you have done you would normally think improving exhaust flow would make the car run leaner but on the Nssan ECU is doesnt, Jez has smoother this lean hump out and tweaked a lot of other parameters in the CAL file so the car picked torque/bhp up.

If you ran a totally stock DE in the dyno your see the same lean hump , this is what stops the car gaining any gains from bolting on parts to increase the airflow , your car has a pretty sorted exhaust system to see around 300bhp flywheel after the remap so most people would expect to see a lot more than 8/9bhp gain with just bolting the parts on you have. The main game come from Jez skill and knowledge of the Uprev program and the DE motor.

• Like 1

The saying they re tune back to stock figures isnt what has been said

Yes it is/was:

I was going on the premise that as the ECU will dial out any mods before an up-rev remap

-

this is what stops the car gaining any gains from bolting on parts to increase the airflow

286.5bhp from bolt on breather mods prior to remap, seems like good gains to me on a 11yr old motor........

IF the 301bhp figure is accepted as true, the 286bhp figure from 30mins ago must also be true.

I will put some dyno AFR logs up later on today to help clarify why bolting stuff on doesn't work and the difference between cars as well.

Bolt ons work just fine and Steve's pre uprev AFR graph proves this, no issues at wot @ high rpm.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

^ that was at a different place no? So not a comparable figure ultimately.

Yes, which is exactly what we said over there about dyno discrepancies and no way a std de was producing 295hp, but it was defended :surrender:

Pleased you have actually got it mapped though buddy :D

It was never standard by the way mate. But yup pleased with results. I took her out for a burn today and she feels like a different car. Money very well spent. From my experience with uprev id recommend all day...providing the base work is done. Edited by zippypooz
  • Like 1

this is what stops the car gaining any gains from bolting on parts to increase the airflow

286.5bhp from bolt on breather mods prior to remap, seems like good gains to me on a 11yr old motor..........

:p:thumbs: Edited by zippypooz
  • Like 1