Hello, GT4, bad dealer and pain!

leigh_boy

Not sure how this has made it to page 4 when you got all the advice you needed on page 1. Reject it, send it back, swallow the cost of delivery (not sure why this is such an issue when you are splashing money on getting it checked?) and get your money back a much wiser buyer in future. They legally cannot refuse to refund you by law if the car is not fit for purpose. Been a few thread on here lately like this where the buyers have successfully sent it back.

It sounds to me more like you just want to keep the car because its got a kit on it and its a GT4 but want them to repair it, which is a bigger ask in my opinion (given that it literally involves more effort even though it sits under the same part of the CRA). The front bumper I would say is not Nismo unless it is stamped as such also pretty sure 99% of replicas do not have the headlight washers cut out which yours is missing?

• Like 1

after no call i decided to email again.. they layer came back to me saying this:

Dear

Our Client : 1st Choice Cars Limited

Our client has consulted us with reference to your earlier e-mail, the content of which is noted.

As you are aware, our client does not agree that the vehicle is unsatisfactory, nor that you are entitled to unwind the deal. It has nevertheless agreed to collect and inspect the vehicle with reference to the concerns you have raised. It cannot reasonably be expected to consider any question of unwinding the deal until that inspection has been concluded.

Yours sincerely,

Graham Jones

LAWDATA LIMITED

Lawdata Limited, 35A Saffron Road, Biggleswade Bedfordshire SG18 8DJ Registered in England and Wales 1759074

Telephone : 01767 601021 Legal Helpline : 01767 310000 Fax : 01767 600720

You're assuming that they will actually do that! My guess is they'll baz it around the block and declare it roadworthy. I'd be asking for photos of all work they do when inspecting the car

Fine, let them have it. To check the oil usage they'll have to strip and inspect the engine, and that's going to cost them. They'll lose more that way.

in an earlier email they said they will drive it around for a week to gauge the apparent issue . my issue is i put money on them saying its not using any oil ect and then il have to go collect no doubt.

You're assuming that they will actually do that! My guess is they'll baz it around the block and declare it roadworthy. I'd be asking for photos of all work they do when inspecting the car

that sums it up. so do i just go to my CC and let them deal with it? or do i say come and get it like iv been saying for the last 14 days?

starting to get cold riding the zx10R lol

Wake up and smell the coffee.

They are stalling and there report will state no fault found.

They will also not remove and strip the motor.

The car (there car) will just sit in a corner gathering dust.

You must grow a pair and be more assertive instead of being a big girls blouse.

For the very last time:

Contact your credit card company, reject the car and return it to the garage NOW.

So simple and so very straight forward.

You are just creating a rod for your own back with all the other stuff that you are rambling on about.

I know a bit harsh, but all so very true.

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 5

Wake up and smell the coffee.

They are stalling and there report will state no fault found.

They will also not remove and strip the motor.

The car (there car) will just sit in a corner gathering dust.

You must grow a pair and be more assertive instead of being a big girls blouse.

For the very last time:

Contact your credit card company, reject the car and return it to the garage NOW.

So simple and so very straight forward.

You are just creating a rod for your own back with all the other stuff that you are rambling on about.

I know a bit harsh, but all so very true.

How many times

all well in doing that, then im tottaly car less and 4k down from my px!

please talk me through this, it might sound silly, but they clearly arnt interested, so i take the car back they say they dont want to refund me ect, no issue and so on. i leave the keys and everything on the table. and leave. then..?

Write a letter stating the facts. Include that you don't think it's fit for purpose, and explain why. Make sure you ask for the refund. Be clear and concise.

Give them both letter and car, and all the keys. Ask for the refund. They will likely say no.

Go home, fire up the interweb and start a claim here.

Follow the process through. You may have to attend court.

Job's a carrot.

• Like 2

It has been spelt out to you numerous times though. Of course it's not going to be the easiest thing to do, but you've been bleating on for 5 pages, could have done it in that time.

Go to get the refund, or tell them in a letter and verbally as you give them said letter, that if you don't get it, then you will that afternoon put a claim into the courts, using Ekona's link

Then you either get the refund (including part ex-value, as that was part of the consideration for the 350z), or you start the court business.

• Like 1

It has been spelt out to you numerous times though. Of course it's not going to be the easiest thing to do, but you've been bleating on for 5 pages, could have done it in that time.

Go to get the refund, or tell them in a letter and verbally as you give them said letter, that if you don't get it, then you will that afternoon put a claim into the courts, using Ekona's link

Then you either get the refund (including part ex-value, as that was part of the consideration for the 350z), or you start the court business.

no need to get narky, now i know what was meant i can get on with it.

I'm not sure you have to physically return it. But you do have to stop using it.

When I rejected a car I kept possession of it until the court case was over - it was in my garage for about 18 months. Probably should have charged storage. That was a private sale though.

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

I'm not sure you have to physically return it. But you do have to stop using it.

When I rejected a car I kept possession of it until the court case was over - it was in my garage for about 18 months. Probably should have charged storage. That was a private sale though.

Please do not give the OP any encouragement to not return the car :surrender::lol:

• Like 2

no need to get narky, now i know what was meant i can get on with it.

GreenLandy, just like every one else is only trying to help, so may be in your best interest not to get lippy.

• Like 2

Just to add the same as what's already been said.

I had a similar case of having to reject a car from a dealer which is documented on this very forum.

Write clear and concise letter, take car back, hand them the letter and keys. If they don't give the refund there and then. Claim just as Ekona said.

It's a hassle but hey, it's what has to be done.

• Like 1

Just to add the same as what's already been said.

I had a similar case of having to reject a car from a dealer which is documented on this very forum.

Write clear and concise letter, take car back, hand them the letter and keys. If they don't give the refund there and then. Claim just as Ekona said.

It's a hassle but hey, it's what has to be done.

Thread link here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/104333-really-need-advice-update/

• Like 1

months and months of research on what to avoid is definitely worth it, all the issues etc, what a headache, i learnt the hard way with my first car. No HPI, No research, bought on a whim. Was a CaT C lemon and lost 1400 has had to cut my losses, Guy who bought it off me crashed and claimed the full value of a hpi clear one. Over time I started picking up little tips here and there on buying. one thing you wont know till you buy is oil consumption.

I hope you have shipped this car back along with that letter by now and started the claims process. IT may take as long as a previous poster, but you got to do it or face losing huge sums. This is why Id rather spend pennies on a car than huge fees...Fortunately it was half trade half finance, which you can stop. Still 5k outstanding ie your traded car

if proven at the cost of time and court you should win the case as long as you dont drag your feet as you have here for 5 pages....and act promptly producing any evidence necessary