• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called this way back, knew you'd get another Zed :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

What do I win :teeth:

Pics... now!

Its gone dark!!!! :lol:

Take some night shots ;)

With my point-and-click? I'd be burnt at the stake by you happy-snappers! :lol:

Weclome to the site Digsy. You'd better make it clear if you're male or female. Then you'll know whether Stuey will be hassling you. ;):p

The search button is your friend!

Car sounds nice, why did you go non-GT out of interest?

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps - it feels like I've know you for ages! :lol:

Erics! :teeth:

Got the non-GT because it was all I could afford to lease. I honestly don't think I'll miss anything but the heated seats and I don't need to worry about resale. :thumbs:

Initial thoughts are that its way more refined than my old Zed. The steering and clutch are soooooooo light in comparison. I imagine I'll be delighted by that in traffic and the city but the old car felt like a proper meaty muscle car and those weighty controls made it a really positive drive on those lovely Welsh roads. :teeth:

I'll probably start the debate on running in again but I was being kind to it yesterday (only 7 miles on the clock) so its pretty hard to gauge performance improvements. It did seem a fair bit quieter and more free-revving though.

I really can't understand those people who have upgraded their Zeds to MY06 and MY07 and gone on about the better quality interior. The improvement is marginal at best and IMHO a retrograde step aesthetically. I always liked the styling, if not the quality, of the old interior but it seems things have been changed just for the sake of it. Almost everything seems slightly different - the buttons on the steering wheel, the radio which used to sit flush now has a slight curve to it, the pods for the gauges look slightly different (maybe that's just me :blush: ) etc etc. However the overall effect is messier and less resolved. I'm sure I'll get used to it!

Its p1ssing down here so any pics today are likely to be out of the window but I'll see what I can do.....

Interesting views Digsy. I happen to agree on the interior bits, no great difference, but it doesn't feel quite as purposeful as the older ones.

As for running in, people will probably be divided. IMO, I wouldn't be anal about it, but would take it easier for the first few X00 miles before giving it full beans. :)

You know what they say though, a thrashed cars a fast car........

Welcome Digsy! Hope you enjoy the forum! :lol:

I actually read an interesting article about running in, they said poor quality oil is better then change at 1k miles! Think it was referring to bikes actually....

• 2 weeks later...