v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

Update ! M3 has gone .... looked and test drove lots of cars .... went cheaper with a view with waxing loads of money on mods ! Hahaha

Back to what I love ..... tastefully modded jap

Only picked it up yesterday . Given the engine bay a clean today and it's off tomorrow for a week of paint correcting /ceramic coating and wheel refurb . Ordered ohlins suspension that will be fitted asap ...

0C8B20BA-FF59-4B61-8370-FF5CD054CBE4_zpskvdrx4tf.jpg

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 1

You haven't actually said what it is yet?! :dry:

Although I can gather it is an S2000 from the engine bay shot. :D

Always fancied one of those as I'm a Honda fan. Look forward to seeing what you get up to with it. B)

Yep a little s2k ! Had one about 10 years ago and had forgotten how good they are ! Just so light and nimble compared to other cars I've had recently.

You haven't actually said what it is yet?! :dry:

Although I can gather it is an S2000 from the engine bay shot. :D

Always fancied one of those as I'm a Honda fan. Look forward to seeing what you get up to with it. B)

Yep a little s2k ! Had one about 10 years ago and had forgotten how good they are ! Just so light and nimble compared to other cars I've had recently.

Plus the redline is something like 8.5K rpm if I remember right?!. B) Awesome. :D

Great choice, I persume you've seen what you can do to them...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/watch-this-insanely-fast-honda-s2000-overtake-everything-on-a-busy-nurburgring-hot-lap/

Once my daughter is old enough, providing I can convince the wife am planning to get either a S2000 or Teg to fiddle with, probably gutting the thing out and sticking in a full EV drive train.

• Like 1

9k ! Still in this day and age the s2000 engine is something special... just needs a bit more go go ;)

I believe they are forged from factory is that correct

They easily take more power

Yes fully forged and easily handle sound 500 bhp ( some in USA are running 700 on stock engine !) .... it's the drive train that's weak link . I'll be very happy to end up with. 370-400bhp , certainly enough in a 1250kg car !

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/watch-this-insanely-fast-honda-s2000-overtake-everything-on-a-busy-nurburgring-hot-lap/

Once my daughter is old enough, providing I can convince the wife am planning to get either a S2000 or Teg to fiddle with, probably gutting the thing out and sticking in a full EV drive train.

Yes they are great cars ! That guy it's proper nuts ! No helmet!

Mine will by no means end up like that track based car ... just looking to get the ohlins on and address the Alighnment issues if it has any ( known s2k issue with the bushes / bolts seizing) , then I'll get the underside full undercoated and protected ( as is is getting on in years !) Next up will be to change the stereo/speakers and to put some nice alcantara in the interior along with the jack royal steering wheel I've ordered . ...........

Yes they are great cars ! That guy it's proper nuts ! No helmet!

Mine will by no means end up like that track based car ... just looking to get the ohlins on and address the Alighnment issues if it has any ( known s2k issue with the bushes / bolts seizing) , then I'll get the underside full undercoated and protected ( as is is getting on in years !) Next up will be to change the stereo/speakers and to put some nice alcantara in the interior along with the jack royal steering wheel I've ordered . ...........

It's getting joshed:)

• Like 1

Nice! In terms of outright fun I suspect this is miles ahead of the M3. Dont know what it is about M cars but they just dont do it for me.

yes I'd agree this probably is more fun when you fraction in what it cost to buy and run compared to the m3 . Glad I had the M though as they truly are special cars . ..... just a lot of money sat on the drive , when you're only doing 2-3k miles a year .

Indeed!

I very nearly bought a 03 S2000 with 20k on the clock from Honda a few years back, it was immaculate but at £7000 it was over priced compared to others at the time, the Z came up locally and I took that instead as I was always torn between the two.

Kicking myself for not snapping up the S2000 :lol: , would be worth way more now!

Edited by nowhereboy
  • Like 1

Right need to make a decision about the wheels .... below is a pic of the exact car of mine ( not mine as I've dropped it off at tims )

The wheels are silver but the spoke faces are diamond cut , so shiny. I'm thinking of doing the wheels in a very light grey with the diamond cut face .... what's your thoughts ? Will it be too busy ? Just stay with the silver oem?

33D86D45-6195-491C-8611-3C45F0E0C554_zpsj3gnxtmv.png

Edited by Bodyboarder81