£13k Nissan 350z

-G-

RX7 deffo works! First time I've ever seen anything with failside on and not wanted to vomit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That is because its Kazama, not veilside ;)

Lol......that's what I get for reading a thread with one eye on something else!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am not really a fan of any wide body kits, just referring to Lee's Kazama build with regards to the quality to be expected, unlike the ops link.

Whilst ever the kazama kit isnt for me, unlike veislide its built for purpose and aero, so i appreciate it more as function over form, as said above, slap a bgw and some canards on it and it would like right at home on the track for where it was designed. Plus it also had the go to pull it off imho.

Trouble I have with most (but not all) bodykits is that they're invariably applied to pretty cars anyway. Something like the RX7 or the NSX is just absolutely perfect from an aesthetic viewpoint, and anything else you do to it just kills it. It's like putting a bikini on the Mona Lisa.

A 350Z can be helped by new bumpers in some cases, like the Chargespeed stuff which is especially lovely. Anything that adds big angles or bulbous bodywork just doesn't suit the design well.

All IMHO, as usual. :)

I generally like the look of wide kits, as long as they're well designed and executed (Rocket Bunny being a good example, even if they are super lairy). Every Veilside kit I've ever seen though looks like it was designed by someone that hadn't seen the car it's intended for.

Trouble I have with most (but not all) bodykits is that they're invariably applied to pretty cars anyway. Something like the RX7 or the NSX is just absolutely perfect from an aesthetic viewpoint, and anything else you do to it just kills it. It's like putting a bikini on the Mona Lisa.

A 350Z can be helped by new bumpers in some cases, like the Chargespeed stuff which is especially lovely. Anything that adds big angles or bulbous bodywork just doesn't suit the design well.

All IMHO, as usual. :)

Absolutely... :lol: I actually think lots of RX7s in standard form look a bit lame, and really benefit from some changes here and there. The rear wheel drive R33/R34 Skylines also really do need those changes to really make them look something a bit more purposeful and less like a family sedan - but its all subjective hey.

When i got into Rx7's everyone was swapping out bumpers for aftermarket (mainly front) left right and centre, by the time i was getting out of my last one, everyone was looking for std bumpers again. I am the same as Ekona though, i think the Rx7 (fd) is a gorgeous car, bearing in mind its now 20+ years old i think it has stood the test of time incredibly well, probably one of the prettiest cars to come out of Japan, same as the Nsx, although not quite as nice imho.

I think the R34 looks good out the box, maybe a few subtle tweaks but you could throw as much fiberglass as you like at a 33 and its still resembles a blancmange imho, just too rounded and fat, only personally of course.

I like rocketbunny on certain cars, 350 being one, but it is just a little to generic, same design adapted for each car. You have to have the show to match the go if you really want to pull it off.

My first Rx, totally std apart from wheels, headlights and spoiler :)

Picture011_zpsa0d0fae6.jpg

Interesting though i never saw an aftermarket Rx7 rear bumper that was better than original, pretty much the same for the 350, the only exception is the chargespeed, but the fact its so close to oem is why it works

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

I agree about the RX-7 - great looking shape. The NSX as standard wasn't bad, but looked a touch tame.

The best looking Japanese cars for me off the top of my head have been Supra MkIV, RX-7, R32 Skyline (in a brutal and functional way, rather than being beautiful) and 350z (of course!).

Re Rocket Bunny, I would say that although they all follow the same format, the actual shape of the kits is adapted very well to complement the car.

The rocketbunny Rx7 is a total abortion (rear arches mainly) and looks like its been poorly adapted, hence why i think a little variation from the theme would be a good thing for them, some things can work universally (their front bumper design), others look they are designed for a different car and thats where rb falls down imho.

• Like 1

When i got into Rx7's everyone was swapping out bumpers for aftermarket (mainly front) left right and centre, by the time i was getting out of my last one, everyone was looking for std bumpers again. I am the same as Ekona though, i think the Rx7 (fd) is a gorgeous car, bearing in mind its now 20+ years old i think it has stood the test of time incredibly well, probably one of the prettiest cars to come out of Japan, same as the Nsx, although not quite as nice imho.

I think the R34 looks good out the box, maybe a few subtle tweaks but you could throw as much fiberglass as you like at a 33 and its still resembles a blancmange imho, just too rounded and fat, only personally of course.

I like rocketbunny on certain cars, 350 being one, but it is just a little to generic, same design adapted for each car. You have to have the show to match the go if you really want to pull it off.

My first Rx, totally std apart from wheels, headlights and spoiler :)

Picture011_zpsa0d0fae6.jpg

Interesting though i never saw an aftermarket Rx7 rear bumper that was better than original, pretty much the same for the 350, the only exception is the chargespeed, but the fact its so close to oem is why it works

Is the front lip standard? I see RX7 as standard looking like this?

v4kenjskpng3j6vrv66v.jpg

I think R34 GTRs look great stock, the GTTs though (as mentioned the rear wheel drive versions) just don't cut it for me and certainly need the tweaks to the bodywork:

P1000720.jpg

Edited by coldel