Whats the Snowiest Snow foam

zebedy

As it sais in the title. What Snow foam are you using?, are you pleased with it? how much of a foam does it throw out? and how much did you pay?

Me...I've just bought my first Karscher over xmas so early doors for me so need the inside opinions of experienced snow foamers :yahoo:

Often the thick foam ones aren't the best cleaners. I used Chemical Guys honeydew for a while but woulnt recommend it. The cheapo demon shine stuff did a better job. Now using autofoam and it's the best so far. None will get your car ultra clean, they are just a pre wash, but fun to use so I continue with them.

• Like 1

Autosmart ultra moose is mega foamy.

Envy Valeting do a good ph neutral one. Not mega foamy but ultimately it's about getting the car clean and not making it look like it's been snowed on.

CSP also do a good one similar to Envy......Low cling but good cleaning

Both envy and CSP as far as im aware are TFR free.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Are there any foams that arent white, I have a white car.

Pop some food colouring in the lance tank?

If this stains your paint, trim, rubber, lance, fingers, driveway, I accept no responsibility whatsoever :lol:

The snow gun you're using will also make a difference fyi.

I used to use a cheap gun from Halfords and it was rubbish when compared to using the same snow foam ("Car Plan Demon Wash" so a cheap foam) with a good quality snow foam gun. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84321-what-a-difference-a-snow-foam-gun-can-make/

:thumbs:

• Like 1

The lance will make a difference - assuming you're using a proper lance and not the crapy chemical bottle that comes with the pressure washer you'll need to consider all of the following which will affect how foamy the same product actually is;

Water pressure, pressure washer pressure, how clean the lance itself is, how clean the gauze in the lance is, the flow rate of the lanc, the flow rate of the pressure washer, the flow rate of the water feed, the length of hose to the pressure washer, the length of hose from the pressure washer, water hardness, product dilution in the bottle, dilution setting on the lance, whether it's a Saturday afternoon or not...

It's perfectly possible to make any snow foam product more or less foamy with ridiculous ease.

With all of that said, it's worth noting that all of that should be massively irrelevent when choosing a snow foam. More/thicker foam doesn't mean it's a better product.

If you want the foamiest snow foam get AutoBrite Magifoam (and to obtain that extra ripped off feeling, order it from AutoBrite Direct ;) ).

Don't do that.

Either that.

Ever.

Magifoam is sh*t.

AB Direct are worse!

Instead get a foam that works; Bilt Hamber Autofoam, Car Chem Snow Foam or Auto Finesse Avalanche. Two of those are very economical, the latter works but isn't cheap.

Then learn how to use it; i.e. Panel Impact Ratio (PIR) is the single most important factor to getting the most out of snow foam - with BH and CC you want to aim for ~5% product PIR, AF is closer to 7%. The closer you get to this magic number the better the cleaning will be without starting to strip any LSP you have on the paint.

Are there any foams that arent white, I have a white car.

None that work. But white foam shouldn't be a problem on a white car, a decent foam won't hang around for more than 5 minutes and you really do need to thoroughly rinse the car after foaming before moving anyway so there realy shouldn't be any chance of missing any. It is easier if you work methodically to apply and remove though.

If you want to try a coloured foam, Magifoam comes in various colours. They're all equally sh*t though. :p

• Like 1