Hiding Numberplate holder

Finchy

Thanks I want the remote one as it will be away 99% of the time and can't really jump out the motor to pull it out when/if the fuzz pull me over don't think they will like that too much lol how much for the remote ones for members ;-)

Sent from my London using Tapatalk

They won't like it full stop! How do you think it's going to look when you get pulled over after they've already spotted you running without a plate, only to discover it's magically back and you've got a remote button to hide it from the speed cameras? Best case they're going to make you remove it and report back, worst case they're going to hammer you for perverting the course of justice.

Seriously, the best option if you don't like a front plate is just to not run one at all. At least then you can say it fell off and you didn't know about it, which is at least believable. It's also weight saving, so you'll go faster!

• Like 3

If you are really stuck on the whole no number plate on the front thing, which obviously I cannot recommend as it is illegal......keep the number plate in the front of your car. Then when you get pulled over you can say it fell off and you are on your way to get it fixed. Worse case you get a £60 fine, better than a speeding fine I guess.

Otherwise, keep the plate on a drive within the limit.

• Like 1

A massive pet hate of mine is the people who have the number plate in the window claiming it's just fell off when there isn't any holes in the bumper! Really annoys me... Thanks for all the advise but I'm gonna stick to my idea and see what happens with the police. they don't seem to pay too much attention to it at the moment so hopefully that remains the case lol

If you are really stuck on the whole no number plate on the front thing, which obviously I cannot recommend as it is illegal......keep the number plate in the front of your car. Then when you get pulled over you can say it fell off and you are on your way to get it fixed. Worse case you get a £60 fine, better than a speeding fine I guess.

Otherwise, keep the plate on a drive within the limit.

£100 fine now! Got stung a few month back.

At shows, I tape a JDM plate over the top of my UK one. When everyone has dispensed with taking photos and gone home, its taken off & driven home.

Nice n Easy.

What about when you want to haul ass through a speed camera? :lol:

You can almost guarantee that if you get pulled by a traffic officer, they will go through your car with a fine tooth comb to find every single little thing that is wrong with it. Your £100 speeding fine would then escalate rather rapidly!

Being a mechanic I wouldn't worry about things being wrong with the car its put on a ramp every Saturday and a safety check carried out. been pulled a couple of time with a previous vehicle and never found a issue with that. If I get a lot of grief for it I'll keep it on show most of the time lol

At shows, I tape a JDM plate over the top of my UK one. When everyone has dispensed with taking photos and gone home, its taken off & driven home.

Nice n Easy.

I use someone elses car!

• Like 1

Nice n Easy.

I use someone elses car!

Or.....

Edited by BulletMagnet

Plus even if you run one of the remote ones it sticks out the bumper when tucked in

Bob (buster) had one on his orange 350 but looked bloody good how he done it! Speak to him

They don't stick out that much really, this is how mine used to be

https://vimeo.com/151198667

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i like that

you still running it in the new bumper?

i wouldnt mind one for the nismo mouth

Here was mine on my old zed. To be honest it wasnt the best bit of kit as the remote receiver box isnt waterproof and packed up after 2 weeks despite being under the bonnet.

I've actually still got this as i removed it from my car before i sold it... but im holding onto it for a future project on another car.

Plus even if you run one of the remote ones it sticks out the bumper when tucked in

Bob (buster) had one on his orange 350 but looked bloody good how he done it! Speak to him

They don't stick out that much really, this is how mine used to be

https://vimeo.com/151198667

No unfortunately not, it was going to be too much work to make it fit and still look good (I.e. Not stick out too much, and not look obvious)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i like that

you still running it in the new bumper?

i wouldnt mind one for the nismo mouth