How to get that stanced look?

gumpy000

Hi guys. Sorry if I'm asking some of the same ole questions. Or even a stupid one. But...

How is the best way to get a stanced look. Wanting to go for that look this year.

I have the Rays alloys but is there any way I can get the stretched look with those wheels. If u have a look at my build tread I have the carbon Diffuser and Spats. And love the look of the lowwwww. But I also want to be able to drive the car in my area which isn't the most flattest roads.

Cheers and love to hear some suggestions

Imho stanced and Rays will look sh*t , you really need some decent alloys (read wide) and preferably with dish to pull it off imho.

If you worried about ride height but want stanced, go for airbags or Docwra put a link up to a place that offers ride height adjusters for coilovers but cant remember it now.

You will need £££££££££££££££££££££££££

Talk to Bob, the master of Stance. Anyone can bag a car, but stance takes a lot of tinkering to find perfection. That's why Bob has probably gone through 20 sets of wheels, rolled his arches 100 times and played with more spacers than we've had hot dinners.

• Like 2

see I like that. How did u do it? Also would camber work with this set up?

Camber works with any set up, but the wider wheels the better or spacers if you want to get that / \ look at the rear.

Got the perfect wheels for sale for stance, but as said, its not going to be cheap ;) if you want to pull it off :)

Coilovers £500-£700 +

or

Air £2-3k +

Wheels £1k minimum

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

IMO if youre worried about your front bumper more than the look then youve already lost the game.

All coilovers will go low enough, on a 350 you need a minimum 19x10 wheel setup all round, archwork, camber arms and a bit of time to experiment with what works best. Its a car that will thank you for it though, they look awesome with proper ride height and wheels fitted to the mm :thumbs:

wheels 10J+

arch rolling

camber arms

camber bolts for the toe

air ride/coilovers

wheel spacers (depending on weather you want tuck or the arch sat on the lip of the wheel.

and like people are saying, alot of time spent messing around with it all to get the right fitment.

this is how mine sits on coilovers at the moment and i wouldn't even consider it to be stanced yet. i need more camber and bigger spacers. plus when mine is bagged by the end of the week it should all come together and be "stanced"

image_22.jpeg

Edited by jimmykool111
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have some nice wide alloys now..waiting to be blinged and then fitted. They are 11.5j and 10.5j .. Presently struggling to find anyone in my area (Wiltshire BA12) who has a good rep to roll/flare arches etc so may end up doing it myself :-(

Anyway... I am currently on stock suspension and was hoping with some lowering springs it would all be good ..but reading these posts it seems everyone has gone coilovers or air and im not a fan of air personally ... So, are coilovers, camber arms etc a MUST !

All depends how low you want to go really buddy, if its something you think you will want to mess around with, go coilovers, if you going to be happy at a set height, springs work. There are plenty above just on springs and imho, you wouldnt want to be much lower on the road anyway :)

All depends how low you want to go really buddy, if its something you think you will want to mess around with, go coilovers, if you going to be happy at a set height, springs work. There are plenty above just on springs and imho, you wouldnt want to be much lower on the road anyway :)

I live in and surrounded by country roads so not keen on going to low or hard suspension wise.. Hence why i was hoping just arch roll/flare and springs with stock suspension would be cool... Attched an image of a 370z which is the kind of look i am after stance/ride height wise

FB_IMG_1450157768874_zps126bfygk.jpg[/url