HELP

alistair1982

Hi All,

Ended up being stuck in some flooding today in Kendal, unfortunately it was too deep for the Z and it gave out in the middle of the flood, I have managed to push it to higher ground and leave it for now.

The internal electrics seem ok, radio etc all works central looking etc.

However the engine cut out, I dont want to do further damage, and I hope it will be ok, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure whether to get the garage to tow it on monday and have a look or see what you guys think I should do.

Alistair

Garage for definite.

Honestly you'll be lucky if it's not snafu with it cutting out. Chances are it's hydrolocked

Don't try and start it whatever you do

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This ^^

I don't get people who drive through deep puddles, I really don't.

If it's too deep for your shoes, it's too deep for a regular car. If you think it might be too deep, then it definitely is! Always better off turning the engine off and abandoning it than attempting to drive through. Even better, simply reverse and go a different way.

Anyways, lecture over. Ricey is right, could well be megaknackered, but only a garage will be able to tell. Do not try and turn it over under any circumstances, 100% recovery truck time.

• Like 2

If you were under very low load or idle when it crapped out you might get away with the garage clearing the cylinders and a few other remedial bits.

Otherwise it's bent conrods and all other manner of hell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hope all goes well with the garage Alastair, keep us updated. Storm Desmond seems to be wreaking havoc! neighbors shed roof blew off and landed on the roof of my fathers car. Kendal isn't far from me up North, I used to drive a van through there daily and I know how bad it can get.

Edited by Exec

going to get it towed to the garage tomorrow

Well, I reckon the breakdown trucks are going to be kinda busy up there for a while ;) . You may well be lucky but sadly it seems that hundreds of cars were overwhelmed while parked up outside houses, some were barely visible so deep was the water.

Pete

Jetset is right, I hope you find a free towtruck! I'm in a badly hit area. Luckily my house is fine and out of the way although some cars are almost totally submerged. There are helicopters outside right now flying back and forth. Got elec back on this morning luckily.

Just an update... Spoke to the garage who suggested I try the insurance company and they have accepted the claim as I was trying to move the car to safety.

So just waiting for the tow truck to come tomorrow, then they can assess the damage. At least I am not going to foot the bill, which is a relief although I think it will be a write off if the engine is knackered