Look What I Just Picked Up. . . !!

monkeybrain1234

They're gonna look epic on your car matey! If there was one thing it needed, it was wheels :thumbs:

Totally agree, can finally get rid of those touring wheels! Always loved the 370Z wheels, so happy days, got an absolute bargain too in not bad nick. Even a 380mile round trip still makes them bargain of the year.

:teeth:

• Like 1

Very nice. Are you keeping the same colour or going black?

Same colour, never been keen on black wheels. Possibly a slightly darker shade of silver, I quite like a grey/silver colour. Think it would go well with the Red.

Although for the moment I am too excited about putting them on, so not looking to spray now. Maybe in spring/summer.

Look great mate! Do you happen to know the difference in weight between them and 350z Rays?

Sure do mate. This is what I used as reference.

350z touring wheels

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 26.56lbs

Tire: 225/45-18

Rear

Size: 18x8.0

Weight: 26.56lbs

Tire: 245/45-18; 265/35-18 will also fit

370z Sport wheels

Front

Size: 19x9.0

Offset: +47mm

Weight: 23.2 lbs

Tire: 245/40-19

Rear

Size: 19x10.0

Weight: 28.8 lbs

Tire: 275/35-19

Edited by monkeybrain1234

Just waiting for spacers and lug nuts to turn up in a few days.

Going to take opportunity to clean them up while off car.

Not sure what cleaner to use, bilt hamber I was going to use and to seal up and make future cleaning easier some fk1000p.

Any other suggestions I would be open too ?

Get a coating on them - GTechniq C1/4/5 or Gyeon Rim would be my choice. FK is great, you'll get a few months protection out of it but a coating will last a year+.

As for cleaner, just normal car shampoo. Before applying the coating, use a fallout remover (Car Chem Revolt is my current preference, as per my thread in the detailing section) and clay them (clay bar would be better than a cloth on wheels, for the fiddlier areas) and then an IPA wipe down followed by the coating.

• Like 1

No, if you take the time and care to do it well you can coat all four 18" wheels with the 15ml - it's a very thin coat that's needed.

It is expensive compared to FK, you get a massive tin of 1000P that'll last a lifetime (and it has a shark on the tin! :teeth: ) but you'll be applying it at least 4 times a year whereas C5 (I'll play along with GTechniq's numbering system for now, but C1, C4 & C5 are actually the same product) is applied once and it'll happily last the year, most likely much more than that too, so there's more value for money there than it first seems. If you buy the 30ml bottle, that will be more than enough to do all four wheels, all the exterior plastic trim on a Z and any metalwork too.

It's very much an effort vs. cost equation - C5 is apply & forget, 1000P is apply and top-up regularly. If you want to barrels protected as well as the face of the wheels, FK becomes a bit of a chore.

Gyeon Rim is considerably more economical than C5, you get 30ml for an extra 50p or so, which is easily enough for four wheels with plenty left over to apply a second coat (more to ensure coverage than anything) and probably the exhaust tips too.

• Like 1

Those GTechniq C1,2 etc are quite expensive for such a small bottle. Are they really worth it? Its like £20 for 15ml!

Don't now how many ml would be needed to coat all four alloys but must be more than 100ml right ???

no , not worth it imo , i used some on my car when it was new , it lasted about 6 months which is the same as fk1000p

Just to add, I know these are 19" so 15ml might be a bit of a stretch - it's probably doable but there won't be much room for error - but you won't need anywhere near 100ml still. :thumbs:

Cheers, I agree durability is worth the investment, however the FK1000p arrived yesterday! Thanks for the advice was really useful. Will need to get the C1/2/3/4/5 for sealing the headlights I polished a while back which have hazed again on the Z and MR2. So will buy a pot anyway.

Those GTechniq C1,2 etc are quite expensive for such a small bottle. Are they really worth it? Its like £20 for 15ml!

Don't now how many ml would be needed to coat all four alloys but must be more than 100ml right ???

no , not worth it imo , i used some on my car when it was new , it lasted about 6 months which is the same as fk1000p

Just applied the FK1000p today, will have to see how long they last. My guess is winter only a few months, summer probably few more.

• Like 1

Get pics up with them on when u can :thumbs:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Waiting for the spacers and genuine 370z lug nuts to come in so still not on the car yet.

Got some of me cleaning them up today.

Dirty as picked up

HnAAJJ3.jpg

1WdUfBq.jpg

XC6OeOd.jpg

6o3ZwT9.jpg

Gave them a good spruce up with just some basic alloy cleaner and FK1000P

hBWXC22.jpg

ZAG2PQz.jpg

aY9f6si.jpg

QA4musD.jpg

P8Zavo2.jpg

JunCVKE.jpg

Think they have turned out quite well. . . .can't wait for the lugs to turn up . .. . :yawn:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...