Fuel Consumption.

Quinster

Mines is (in my opinion) way too much.

Put £50 in last Thursday and only done 140 miles, the light's on and flashing countdown already.

Am i being tight or is this about normal, it just seems to be drinking the stuff.

I'm worried it's not running properly and this is what's causing it.

Any advice appreciated.

p.s it's BP ultimate (97 Ron) I'm using.

Are you sure the tank is actually empty or could it be the fuel gauge?

Mine has a habit or losing the top quarter and the bottom quarter of the gauge. 2 doses of redex with the car sat still on a full tank got it working for a few months. It's since started acting up again so I've got another shot of redex in there now.

There is a guide on how to clean the contacts up or just get new or pre loved ones for a more permanent fix

Both zeds I test drove said 9mpg on the ave readout. Got 32 on the trip home from wales to kent and am getting high 20s through mostly motorway miles. Was getting distance till empty of 280 and then got 380 out of her after the redex. Cost a lot more to fill the tank too as it was actually empty. If it cost you 50 to max the tank from empty then that was way too little fuel.

A slightly more scientific approach would help here!

don't even need to run to empty... brim the tank, do 100 miles, then brim the tank again. work out the exact mpg from those 100 miles.

Also the average mpg readout is pretty accurate, reset it and do a 100 miles or whatever, then see what it says.

when I was running a zed I could get 33mpg cruising at 70 on a motorway, and would drop to 27-28mpg average when running door to door going from home to work and back, which was 2miles at 30mph then 18 miles on motorway. I rarely saw less than 25mpg average, though I do very little town driving.

Edited by brillomaster

If you are doing town driving or a lot of stop start that sounds about right, well similar to me anyway I average around 23mpg. I do a 25 mile commute to work everyday and a few miles at the weekends. This will cost me bang on £50 a week.

I can put £30 in and easily run it out in two days without going supermental, depends how much accelerating, overtaking and loving the sound of the engine you do... tbh if you do anything over 2K on revs... say bye bye to your fuel. :lol: Only way I managed to keep it for any length of time (besides doing a continuous long ass motorway journey) is changing soon at low speeds (which you can do in the Z, plenty torque in all gears except maybe 6th) and keeping it in 6th below 2K at 50mph.

Edited by AMT

Loads of great replies here, you're right anyway, it was pretty vague.

(I knew what i meant) lol

It's looking like I'm roughly the same as everyone else, my trip is in litres and kilometres so that seems about right.

It,'s mainly urban driving i do daily, just seemed high.

Another question...

Why is there 2 trips on the speedo?

A and B

What's that for?