A 'dislike' option......

I think you all got the wrong idea :surrender: ....I'm very disappointed in you all :( Very negative bunch lol

What I actually meant by the 'dislike' option was in the context of 'support'.....you know if someone posts something along the lines of 'someone drove into my car' or 'I've had bad day', etc. You don't want to press 'Like' in those situations but you might want to sympathise with a 'dislike'?!

I don't know maybe this is a female thing, and clearly from your responses many of you would abuse this facility :scare: Anyway, it's always interesting to see how people react to new suggestions ;)

You lost me when you mentioned the pet thread (easily the best thread on the forum) in the same breath as a baby thread (which will probably now happen and if it does I will hunt you down.......) ;)

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of a dislike button.

On Facebook they want it so badly so they can show their contempt for people. FB is full of poisonous assholes.

I'm not saying it would happen here, I just don't see how a dislike button is in any way productive. If you don't like something someone says, move on to the next post or post a response.

But hey, I'm a n00b, so do whatever.

You lost me when you mentioned the pet thread (easily the best thread on the forum) in the same breath as a baby thread (which will probably now happen and if it does I will hunt you down.......) ;)

Now there is a good use for a 'dislike' button. Imagine the jolly japes to be had 'dislike'-ing someones baby photo. No, no arguments will be caused by that at all! :teeth:

I think you all got the wrong idea :surrender: ....I'm very disappointed in you all :( Very negative bunch lol

What I actually meant by the 'dislike' option was in the context of 'support'.....you know if someone posts something along the lines of 'someone drove into my car' or 'I've had bad day', etc. You don't want to press 'Like' in those situations but you might want to sympathise with a 'dislike'?!

I don't know maybe this is a female thing, and clearly from your responses many of you would abuse this facility :scare: Anyway, it's always interesting to see how people react to new suggestions ;)

If you want to sympathise with someone why not just use this :console: or this :hug: or if you're female give 'em a kiss :kissing:

I actually really like the 'Like' button on here. Plenty of times I read a post and think "Ooh, that's a good post!" but just posting a smiley or a one word response seems an awful lot of effort when I can just click a button and let the poster know I think their post is great.

I probably give more feedback using that than I ever did before we had it.

I get what you are saying Dan, but it's those posts that make what I think is a really good point then also includes a point I do not share. So, if we had the dislike option (that I'm quite happy to accept if that is the consensus and the forum software can be adjusted to include it) I would hope what might be seen as a generally good post is not undermined by a "dislike" hit rather than a written comment that makes the distinction. :)

Well it seems this thread would have got many dislikes if there was such a button.....

Ridiculous idea as far as ai am concerned. I see the OPs original reasoning.....however they have failed to see the over all picture of what it would mean.

"Hi, I'm new, look at my body kit" = 500 dislikes and member never seen again.

• Like 1