Home security camera

jimboy2

Any one use them around their homes ?

I want one looking over my drive but it there are so many about.

I like the look of the nest cam and also this looks good too

Just doesn't seem to be in the UK

ideally want to be able to access it anywhere in the world on my iPhon night vision needs to be good. Me nice to be able to control it remotely

Any one use them around their homes ?

I want one looking over my drive but it there are so many about.

I like the look of the nest cam and also this looks good too

Just doesn't seem to be in the UK

ideally want to be able to access it anywhere in the world on my iPhon night vision needs to be good. Me nice to be able to control it remotely

I have a Swann system bought a few years back and the bundled cameras a re ok to see if any activity is going on but not that good to recognise faces etc. Night is ok but not brilliant.

I upgraded my drive camera to a much higher spec and that's much better but again you aren't going to be get crystal fleet facial recognition. You should be looking at 1080p cameras for that IMO.

Also for nighttime I'd probably go for a separate IR light to illuminate the area you want to view as opposed to relying on the cameras.

As for viewing/controlling remotely the Swann systems are ready to go for that but remember the frame rate and quality will be reduced. I also can't review older recordings only live.

If you mean pan and tilt control then expect to pay quite a bit more for a decent quality camera.

The one linked early is cheap but then I doubt the cameras will be much good once the sun goes down.

Oh and don't forget the more cameras the more storage you will need to retain any useful time frames. I can record up to a week with 5 cameras always recording 24x7 on 500gb but they aren't high def, best cam I have is 700 lines ;)

If you have a Costco card they sometimes have kits for sale.

I also have installed a swann system in our work shops and access roads and yard ,these days they really need to be HD rather than the old systems.

I have 8x 720pHD cameras with a 1TB NVDR and can view weeks of footage stored.

I have used the 720p picture quality is very very good day and night does not even compare with the old 720 or 1000tvl camers systems.

Also lik the fact it is Power over Ethernet witch means only the 1 cable to each camera with no extra power supply ,i just installed IP67 boxs next to each camera for junction box

a lot of the domestic stuff looks good on paper but at more than a couple of meters you wouldn't recognize your own mother also be aware that the cameras with built in infra red led's are only ok if you keep them clear they seem to attract spiders and you dont notice during the day but when you look at night all you see is a bright spiders web

i have 4 cameras out the front of my house and 2 at the back all good quality low light cameras 4 sony 2 jvc with separate infra red illumination , as for dvr's i had a really good one for years but when it went wrong i replaced it with one from ebay for £60 as a temporary measure but it was so good i've kept it but the unbranded / re branded stuff from ebay is a bit hit and miss. :)

I have 2 x UCam247-HDO1080 cameras set up front and back. Wifi or Ethernet into your router, then you can access the feed and recordings from an app on your mobile. Mine logs video footage based on any movement to my NAS drive and onto the cloud (MS OneDrive at the moment) via an old laptop.

Quality is pretty good and 1080P resolution.

The spider issue at night is an issue, so I have to clean the webs off almost daily in spider season. The front I can do by leaning out of the window. The back I do with a mop. So the moral is if you install one with night vision, make sure you can reach it to clean it.

Reference the spiders, I spray round my cameras every so often with bug repeller/ killer and it seems to work.

I expect that deters the food source......

Anyone use security cameras through windows with success rather than mounting them outside?

Reference the spiders, I spray round my cameras every so often with bug repeller/ killer and it seems to work.

Anyone use security cameras through windows with success rather than mounting them outside?

http://vid272.photob...10_04_12_39.mp4

This is some footage from my Motorola focus 85 sited in the hall looking out the front. Unwanted visitors arrive at 0:12sec

http://vid272.photob...1017_020923.mp4

This is footage at night. Note I have metal halide lights lighting the front garden so its not pitch black

Not the best quality but works for me.

Has pan and tilt,sound,mic and temp sensors.

I pay £2.50/month for cloud storage of activated video bursts of a couple of mins.

IR lamps don't reflect too bad as long as not facing head onto the window

Edited by HEADPHONES

Of my 2 cameras, both day night, one is inside the bedroom pointing down the cul de sac but the night picture dissapears due to glass reflection. I will put it outside with the other one when time allows.

Realistically, you want the camera to be on display and to be fairly obvious. I would argue that the point of the camera is to deter thieves, as unless you spend thousands and the thieves are really stupid and show you their real plates and faces up close you're never going to identify them anyway, much less get anything back.

CCTV is more about prevention than anything. Make your property look like it might be a pain in the arse to rob and they'll more than likely pick an easier target. Same theory with burglar alarms.