JDM Integra Type R DC5 2000-2004 vintages

Dynamic Turtle

If just for trackday, trailer it?

If Fleet is not far from you TGM have a huge reputation for racing Hondas - ask for Tom (see here in the pic) who is also a big fan of the 350/370's. Would not hesitate to use them if I were going down your route ;)

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/products/

I've always noticed when I have been there they seem to have a 'stock' of Integras in one form of tune or another.

• Like 1

If just for trackday, trailer it?

If Fleet is not far from you TGM have a huge reputation for racing Hondas - ask for Tom (see here in the pic) who is also a big fan of the 350/370's. Would not hesitate to use them if I were going down your route ;)

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/products/

I've always noticed when I have been there they seem to have a 'stock' of Integras in one form of tune or another.

Great idea!

I've owned a DC2 UK and a CW DC5 import. Insurance on the import at the time was about £200 more if I remember correctly.

Going out on a limb here the chassis balance on the DC2 was slightly better but the series vtec was nothing and then bang. The DC5 was better built car as newer and the ivtec lump more linear with more pull at lower rpm. I'm a huge Honda fan as you might have guessed :)

• Like 1

I have a DC5 in CW that I use for road and track. Its an amazing car that really comes alive on track. Very raw (not as raw as a DC2) compared to todays cars and nothing like a 350z. A 350z is very refined and laid back where as the DC5 is pretty stripped and does not have any gadgets apart from Air Con. Handling is amazing with lots of feedback and if you keep it in the rev band will be very fast. Insurance for me was no different to my EP3 that I had before with all mods declared.

With regards to the reply about TGM, I can't echo this anymore. Tom is a legend and works on all my cars (Scooby, DC5 and MX5) and knows everything about Honda's and DC5's. He races them for a start in 24hr endurance races so knows what he is doing.

If you want any more info about DC5's then just ask, happy to help.

LoT_BedfordGT_01062015_Boylan-16_zpsxumbmxcs.jpg

• Like 3

My mate had a dc5 for several years. As a track car it's great out the box. Like the 350Z it's not the fastest of it's type but it does what it's designed to do very well

I'd prefer a zed as a road car but a teg as a track car. Don't know how he lived with it as a daily driver for so long :lol:

• Like 1

My mate had a dc5 for several years. As a track car it's great out the box. Like the 350Z it's not the fastest of it's type but it does what it's designed to do very well

I'd prefer a zed as a road car but a teg as a track car. Don't know how he lived with it as a daily driver for so long :lol:

I'm beginning to feel this about my DC5. It's very hard to have the best of both worlds unless you do very few miles as a daily or don't modify it that much. I'm going more extreme with my DC5 and will be using my Scooby as my daily.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to feel this about my DC5. It's very hard to have the best of both worlds unless you do very few miles as a daily or don't modify it that much. I'm going more extreme with my DC5 and will be using my Scooby as my daily.

Your wife's Scooby!

Your wife's Scooby!

She stole it from me so I'm stealing it back.

I don't think I'll lose too much on one of these for £5-6k ish as a track slag. Reckon running costs would be under £1250k pa and it could very well appreciate annually in that range if the Type R legend keeps going. Some good recommendations here and yes the DC5 I'm looking at has been TGM maintained. Question is do I go UKDM DC2 or JDM DC5? Latter feels better to me but higher insurance and tougher resale.

I had a UK DC2 way back. Amazing car, would love to run one again as a weekend toy.

Mine has no air-con or radio. Loved trashing it on a Sunday morning, but when stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 in the middle of summer with temp close to 30....Not so great.

But if your using it for the track you cannot go wrong. The EVO review sum

them up well, as good to drive as any RS 911. They are pretty much deprecation free these days too!

I'll happy live with one of these in the garage and the Leaf for everything else, but sadly my wife has vetoed that plan on many occasions :(

http://www.evo.co.uk/group-tests/14231/honda-integra-honda-integra-type-r

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 2

It seems to be a personal choice with the S2000 v DC5. Those who I know who have had both prefer one over the other. Both are superb cars so its really down to what you like. I went in one on track earlier in the year and I was actually very surprised at how quick and agile it was. We spun also but it was raining :) I love my DC5 but I would also love an S2000 and seriously considered buying one the other month when a good one came up for sale recently. The problem I had was I had nowhere to keep it. I also wouldn't call it a lazy cruiser, more of a mentalist perhaps.

The phase 1 S2000 can be quite tail happy and don't give you much warning and so the reason for the spins and crashes. I think you can address that with some mods but Honda improved the rear on the phase 2.

• Like 1

Actual quote just for clarity,

"Back in issue 095, we brought together the 15 greatest front-drive cars of recent times. The Integra was the overall winner. As Meaden concluded, ‘It’s a car as sweet and all-consuming as any I’ve experienced at any price, and as pure and focused in its own way as any Porsche RS. Forget the accolade of greatest front-wheel-drive car. The Integra Type-R ranks as one of the truly great drivers’ cars of any kind.’"

• Like 1

Actual quote just for clarity,

"Back in issue 095, we brought together the 15 greatest front-drive cars of recent times. The Integra was the overall winner. As Meaden concluded, ‘It’s a car as sweet and all-consuming as any I’ve experienced at any price, and as pure and focused in its own way as any Porsche RS. Forget the accolade of greatest front-wheel-drive car. The Integra Type-R ranks as one of the truly great drivers’ cars of any kind.’"

Did they test the Teg under cornfield conditions? ;)

• Like 1