JDM Integra Type R DC5 2000-2004 vintages

Dynamic Turtle

The EVO review sum them up well, as good to drive as any RS 911

Im as much of an ITR fan as anyone .......... but SRSLY? Ive driven a DC2 and no, just no.

But if you want noise, a good manual box, having to keep the engine in the right rev range, no-mod cons, no TC/electronic intervention, light weight, loud exhaust, immense feedback from the steering, all the mid-corner on throttle adjustably you want thanks to the LSD, the DC2 ticks all those boxes.....But most of those things are NOT what you want when just going about doing your daily commute - which is what I use all my cars for 95% of the time, hence despite how good/engaging the DC2 was to drive I sold mine after less than 10 months, and I was the 5th owner in as many years!!

6889750076_0e51552e2b_b.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Actual quote just for clarity,

"Back in issue 095, we brought together the 15 greatest front-drive cars of recent times. The Integra was the overall winner. As Meaden concluded, ‘It’s a car as sweet and all-consuming as any I’ve experienced at any price, and as pure and focused in its own way as any Porsche RS. Forget the accolade of greatest front-wheel-drive car. The Integra Type-R ranks as one of the truly great drivers’ cars of any kind.’"

Did they test the Teg under cornfield conditions? ;)

Haha oh you will pay for that my dear :) You wait until I see you tomorrow you wink wink :) :)

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

Hence why I'm willing to forego the last 5% of handling feedback for a 20% improvement in livability and much less tin-worm with a DC5.

I will say the DC5 is certainly capable to be a good daily. Just don't fall in to the trap of modding it much as you will lose that 20% of livability. Is livability an actual word??

• Like 1

Hence why I'm willing to forego the last 5% of handling feedback for a 20% improvement in livability and much less tin-worm with a DC5.

Cannot argue without your logic. As a weekend toy that spends 99% of its life in a garage and 1% been thrashed around a B road th DC2 is fab. I want another one, and at £5K they are pretty damn cheap. Almost pocket change compared to other cars I'm considering next.

But if it's your only car....Even when I was in my 20's I couldn't live with one day in day out. 10 years of getting old, and now not even having a car with a manual gear box on the driveway, I suspect I'll last 30 minutes in a DC2 these days before parking it up :)

• Like 1

You won't get a DC5 for £4k, not without something being seriously wrong with it, a scam or crazy miles. Even £5k will be pretty much impossible unless again the condition is poor, miles are high, something wrong or the seller is just desperate for money. Expect prices to start at around £6k for an early one (2001) and then climb. 2006 onwards is the facelift model and the prices shoot up after that.