Iv Gone all ELECTRIC!!

gumpy000

So it's true. Iv Gone all Electric. I have bought myself a 100% Electric Nissan Leaf. Some of you know that I work for Nissan anyhow so I'm a little bias but iv been borrowing on for that past 2 weeks and it has worked for me. Granted it's not got the same effect as the Z but this is going to save me around £200 a month compared to the Z. I will pay nothing for the travelling I do. It is plenty fast enough.you have to pay nothing but a one off £10 annual subscription to charge publicly.

Don't worry I know what your thinking...have I sold the Z. No I haven't. That's being shut away for the winter for now. Unless we have some odd sunny weekends for it.

This is it....ugly I know bt for what it does its perfect...

20150929_205042_zps0lihmxid.jpg

20150929_181803_zpsqypcyis5.jpg

It even has a diffuser!!!

20150929_182914_zps0hmwh6uv.jpg

J

• Like 1

Dam quick off the line those things!

I had some fun the other night with a guy in his done up fiesta ST. Ok they ain't the quickest of things but there he was revving and I thought. Right...so I keep edging forward. He looked over so I gave him the knod. And guess what I beat him lol. Until then next set of lights ne how. Haha

Yeah, for public charging in my area I pay a one off payment of £10 to source east. I can then charge my car up for free at any of there charge points. Good ey?

I was confused by the one off payment that's annual though. :lol:

Alright alright. So it an annual subscription. Of only £10. To gain access to their charge points.

Yeah, for public charging in my area I pay a one off payment of £10 to source east. I can then charge my car up for free at any of there charge points. Good ey?

I was confused by the one off payment that's annual though. :lol:

Alright alright. So it an annual subscription. Of only £10. To gain access to their charge points.

No I think he's saying its £10 to have access AND charge for free.

Sweet deal if there's enough of them

I really like the leaf for what it is, cheap to run commuter/trip to the shops cruncher, they're a nice place to sit in traffic. The app that goes with it is cool too, so you can fire up the heater in the winter before getting in. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Is there no monthly charge/ rental for the batteries ?

A few months back there was a deal on the Renault Zoe at around £130 a month all in, including batteries, so I'd assume that grumpy got a deal similar to that if not better with him working for Nissan.

I'm sure your love the Leaf. I'm coming up to 4000 miles in mine (3800 as of yesterday). Checked how much electricity I've used in the last 6 months....£34!!! - That's would get me less than half a tank for my old 335i

21729623611_1b77bd3491_z_d.jpg

With winter coming my wife is living the pre-heaing feature. No more standing out in the cold defrosting - Car all ready to go and warm by the time we get in :).

My in-laws has just order a Zoe to replace their Mini. £500 deposit, £158/month - including battery rental, 7.5k miles per year. 2 year deal, free home charger and free first service. It's crazy money for a brand new car, let alone one costs next to nothing to run. As a day to day to run about - it's a no brainer.

Tesla have just started production of their Model X....Love the doors, the performance but I'm just too poor to afford one :(. Starting price is around under £70K, just the £4K deposit alone is nearly now much my Leaf is going to cost to run over 2 year, and UK cars wouldn't be here till 2017....But luckily the Model S is deprecating nicely, the RWD 85kWh version is just about to creep under £50K, so in budget already, give it another 12 months and a fully loaded P85+ should drop within budget :)

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

They certainly look nicer than a prius. The interior doesn't look too shabby either. I think I'd always want a sports car and I'm still a bit iffy on how all those batteries and having them changed through the cars lifetime really makes it friendlier but it does look cool and they're built in the UK so that's something :) Probably more fun and a nicer feeling than buying some high MPG tasteless thing that you see everywhere!

Is there no monthly charge/ rental for the batteries ?

Nope. It's built with the price I'm paying. I did a PCP for two years and then in 2017 there's going to be a range of 200 miles. Perfect time to change.

Is 200 miles of range EPA rating or European rating. I'm very close to putting down a £4K deposit on the Model X for 2017 delivery, but if a 200 mile EPA range Leaf is coming I might hold off and wait. I know my bank account will be much happier if I go for another Leaf :)

Edited by gangzoom