A quick hello and a question

Bean24

Hi everyone, i'm a new owner of a JDM 350Z, manufactured 03 and imported in 06. Sorry no pictures yet, will get some up soon. I do however have question i'm sure's been answered on here but can't find the correct thread. my 350 was advertised as a nismo. I don't think it is but i'm happy with the car regardless, But is there any easy ways to tell if it's a real nismo spec?

Also anyone on here used to be members of SJ-CC.net? i was a member on there with my 91 plate black JDM Mitsibishi GTO.

post-26830-0-08445400-1443028217_thumb.png

Edited by Bean24

Welcome aboard and enjoy your Zed for what it is. :welcome:

It isn't a Nismo edition 350 imho, ...they never are but still a lovely car.

NISMO Editions[edit]

Nissan's performance tuning division, NISMO, began producing modified versions of the 350Z shortly after its introduction, although in the UK these were only available one year after the car was launched.[citation needed]

NISMO R-Tune (2004)[edit]

The R-Tune was introduced into the NISMO line-up with modifications including headers, cams, pulleys. The R-Tune voids the Nissan factory warranty,[citation needed] but gains significant horsepower, intended for track racers.

NISMO S-Tune GT (2005)[edit]

220px-FairladyZnismopc.jpg

Modified Nissan Fairlady Z NISMO patrol car (Japan)

The S-Tune GT was released by NISMO to celebrate its success in motorsport, particularly in the Super GT series. The S-Tune GT featured revised long nose bodywork as in the Type-E, a modified version of the VQ35DE engine called the S1 with more power (300 PS / 221 kW / 296 hp) and higher redline (7200 rpm), as well as a sportier NISMO suspension.

20 were produced each month in Japan. Although Nissan did not officially sell S-Tune in UK, Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd. imported 1 S-Tune GT to UK[15]

NISMO 350Z (2007–2008)[edit]

The Nismo edition of the Nissan 350Z Coupé debuted at New York International Auto Show on April 4, 2007. This version featured the same engine as the regular 350Z (VQ35HR) but was only available with a 6-speed manual transmission. The car featured NISMOaerodynamics package based on the Super GT championship car, which included an aggressive front fascia with chin spoiler, side skirts, an extended rear fascia with under body diffuser and a rear wing. The car also had NISMO-tuned independent multi-link suspension developed by Yamaha, Brembo brakes with four-piston front and two-piston rear calipers (with 12.8-inch (330 mm) front and 12.7-inch (320 mm) rear rotors) and NISMO-branded gunmetal grey RAYS alloy wheels (18x9-inch front and 19x10-inch rear with 245/40WR18 front, 265/35WR19 rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires) and a NISMO-branded tuned exhaust. The conversion process for the Nismo 350Z began with a limited number of chassis being pulled from the assembly line to be sent to Nissan-tuner Autech to have structural seams hand-welded for greater body rigidity. This process made the Nismo 350Z a more capable track car than the other trim levels available at the time.

The NISMO 350Z went on sale in the USA in July 2007 at Nissan dealers.[16][17] 1607 were produced for the 2007 and 2008 model years, and it was assumed that if there was a greater demand, more would be produced, limited to 10% of all 350Z sales. The NISMO model 350Z had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $38,070 for the 2007 model year.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z