Was i right?

jimmy.farrow7

I was just laying in bed around 23.30 and noticed 2 young teenagers walking passed my car and then walk back and go around the car with a light on there phone. Now thinking my pride and joy was at risk i ran down stairs and walked outside followed them down the road and asked them if they found what they were looking for. They said they were just looking at the car as they liked it . I know i may have overreacted by running out and confronting kids but in light of peoples 350z being keyed and vandalised recently i think i worried about anything happening to my car. What would you have done?

I would have done the same and explained why. I remember doing it before when I saw some school kids bouncing a ball off the rear of my Car! It was a cheap shed but that's not the point ! Iv since moved to a nicer and quieter end of town :p

I was just laying in bed around 23.30 and noticed 2 young teenagers walking passed my car and then walk back and go around the car with a light on there phone. Now thinking my pride and joy was at risk i ran down stairs and walked outside followed them down the road and asked them if they found what they were looking for. They said they were just looking at the car as they liked it . I know i may have overreacted by running out and confronting kids but in light of peoples 350z being keyed and vandalised recently i think i worried about anything happening to my car. What would you have done?

You were right..round here that behaviour usually leads to missing wheels IMHO they where checking the locking wheel nut type.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Too late once you watched them go all around it then watch them disappear, praying then they haven't touched it as you inspect. I suppose you could have humoured them by saying, they could come back in the daylight for a better look and show them the inside too. ;)

For me I'd of just apologised and explained to them that you were a bit worried with it being late at night and you meant no offence.

Assuming you were fairly confident they were genuine that is.

As for nicking wheel......who actually nicks a wheel these days? First thing I do with my car is take the lockers off......there a pain in the bloody arse.

• Like 1

I think if anyone was planning to do anything to your car, they wouldn't've drawn attention to themselves by using a really bright LED light from their phone. But I know how you feel, you never know. I don't think what you did was OTT but since nothing had happened I wouldn't've followed it up personally.