Bodybuilding.

TT350

Yeah stress related weightloss. Simply not being interested in food because I constantly felt nauseous and had a fast heartbeat.

I'm getting better though now. Starting to look forward to things and the more lifting I do the hungrier I'll get.

Been and got my digital scales and bought a load of resealable containers from ASDA. They're not tupperware, they're more like the plastic tubs you get with a takeaway. But they're perfect because I needed a lot of them.

I'll cook my weeks meals on a Sunday and freeze 6 days worth. Chicken. Fish. Rice. Pasta. Mixed veg. New potatoes, pasta.

Need to get a decent MRP shake too. 3 shakes and 3 meals a day.

I'm still sticking to that routine we talked about TT although I've now altered it slightly as like I said to you before I want to concentrate more on my arms than anything else so hitting them twice a week now.

Once on a Monday (biceps, shoulders, legs) and once on a Friday (biceps, triceps, lats) so hopefully there's enough time between the days for sufficient recovery & muscle building. With Wednesday being my back and chest day. Works out just over an hour plus 10 minutes odd for warming up each session.

Checking back over the weights I was lifting earlier in the year there is a definite improvement in strength (weight lifted) across the board so I'm pleased. ;)

Yeah stress related weightloss. Simply not being interested in food because I constantly felt nauseous and had a fast heartbeat.

I'm getting better though now. Starting to look forward to things and the more lifting I do the hungrier I'll get.

Been and got my digital scales and bought a load of resealable containers from ASDA. They're not tupperware, they're more like the plastic tubs you get with a takeaway. But they're perfect because I needed a lot of them.

I'll cook my weeks meals on a Sunday and freeze 6 days worth. Chicken. Fish. Rice. Pasta. Mixed veg. New potatoes, pasta.

Need to get a decent MRP shake too. 3 shakes and 3 meals a day.

You know you're a machine mate. It's good that you have that to focus on, but all I'm saying is entertain other routes to achieving beastliness. Happy training :D

I'm on a mini diet for my honeymoon for dominican republic at the end of Jan. Cycling my carbs around my workouts, fasted 40min incline power walk every morning, followed by weights in the evenings. Tried battle ropes for the first time yesterday after a shoulders and arms session, and boy does it burn! 30sec on 30sec off for 6 sets, it's a killer!

Still ticking over, struggling with lack of spare time to get decent workouts in, and crappy sleep as up all night feeding a baby - which means low energy levels. Weighted myself yesterday and i weigh exactly the same as I did in Feb. Between Dec 2015 and Feb 2016 I put on nearly 2 stone, mainly regaining lost size quickly, but its remained the same since. Still, im eating good, 7 meals a day, its just the lack of gym sessions which isnt helping.

Only managing 2 workouts a week (sat & sunday) which is rubbish. But I did manage a good chest session in today as I worked from home, and hopefully can get some more decent sessions in before Christmas which means I can really cane the turkey meals etc and not worry about it.

Hopefully once the baby starts sleeping through until 5am I can start getting early morning workouts in before work. Not ideal as my preference is after work as I have loads more energy then. But I really want to get back to 5 workouts a week in order to make some proper progress.

To make matters worse ive been getting quite painful tendentious in my left forearm just on the inside of the elbow. No idea why as ive not done any heavy curls or rows for ages. But it means I cant physically do any curls unless they are 20lb or less. Very frustrating when id normally be using 60lb dumbbells easily. Been going on for about 2 months nearly. Hopefully will get better soon.

Edited by rabbitstew

Still ticking over, struggling with lack of spare time to get decent workouts in, and crappy sleep as up all night feeding a baby - which means low energy levels. Weighted myself yesterday and i weigh exactly the same as I did in Feb. Between Dec 2015 and Feb 2016 I put on nearly 2 stone, mainly regaining lost size quickly, but its remained the same since. Still, im eating good, 7 meals a day, its just the lack of gym sessions which isnt helping.

Only managing 2 workouts a week (sat & sunday) which is rubbish. But I did manage a good chest session in today as I worked from home, and hopefully can get some more decent sessions in before Christmas which means I can really cane the turkey meals etc and not worry about it.

Hopefully once the baby starts sleeping through until 5am I can start getting early morning workouts in before work. Not ideal as my preference is after work as I have loads more energy then. But I really want to get back to 5 workouts a week in order to make some proper progress.

To make matters worse ive been getting quite painful tendentious in my left forearm just on the inside of the elbow. No idea why as ive not done any heavy curls or rows for ages. But it means I cant physically do any curls unless they are 20lb or less. Very frustrating when id normally be using 60lb dumbbells easily. Been going on for about 2 months nearly. Hopefully will get better soon.

Have you looked into theraband flexbars? I never belief in guff like that, but genuinely after a few sessions of using one (I got the green one), my recurring golfers elbow disappeared - permanently. Also works for tennis elbow apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

So getting closer to the festive period, how's everyone's training regime looking like?

Trying to fit in training around social events, and spending time with the wife, etc, I'm limiting myself to a minimum of 3 days a week consisting of Push-Pull-Legs, and anything more is a bonus. Focusing on compound movements which use the most energy and therefore burning more calories, especially with all the lovely food I'm consuming!

Well - I'm eating more. I've wasted away to 13.5st from 19 in early August. Muscles have been devoured by my metabolism. I've got a gameplan with regards to gym and diet and will start off on Wednesday. Monday and tuesday I'm in uni all day until 7pm and the gym closes at 9pm.

Edited by TT350

Pretty much the same old for me. This last week I managed a 40min workout on Wednesday then two 1 hour sessions over the weekend. Really beasted it Saturday as I was so angry with the wife for me not having any spare time during the week, so was dying on Sunday when it came to the Sunday session. Still, really hammered it. Having been up half to the night Friday & Saturday nights doing the babys night feeds didnt help, lack of sleep totally zapped my energy & recovery.

Bought some new pre-workout stuff which seemed to help a bit, that and some Slipknot. Am hoping I can at least make a bit of progress before Christmas.

Really feeling it today though.

• Like 2

Im no bodybuilder but I decided to get my ass back to the gym back in May. My main focus was to drop weight but eventually build. I'm almost where I want to be regarding fat I've dropped from ~21st to now about ~17st (bearing in mind I'm over 6'5") im now sitting at about 17% body fat. I'd like to get down to closer to 16st and 10-15% fat which will probably take me until just after Christmas. Then the real building begins! I'm looking forward to that bit and would be great to get some tips of you guys as you seem to know what you're doing :teeth:

steady progress , alternating from 5 to 6 sessions a week(1 intense hour/session)...went from 93 kg to 94 kg in the last month...aiming for 100 kg one day but not the most important thing

managed 3 reps today with the 55 kg dumbells on incline bench which is a pb for me (did 2 a week ago)

in the run to Christmas and around the holidays I'll be eating all I can see ...LOL

keep at it chaps, 45 min to 1 hour a day can be achieved ;)

• Like 1

Sticking to my M/T/Th/F, working round uni.

Diet is getting sloppy though. Was going really well while I was working, but now I'm back at uni I keep missing lunch.

Trying to get back up to my previous 95Kg, but if past years are anything to go by I'll lose weight over xmas...

Edited by Strudul

Well - I'm eating more. I've wasted away to 13.5st from 19 in early August. Muscles have been devoured by my metabolism. I've got a gameplan with regards to gym and diet and will start off on Wednesday. Monday and tuesday I'm in uni all day until 7pm and the gym closes at 9pm.

That's a crazy weight loss G. I know things have been tough on you though this year so hopefully you're on the up now. ;)

now I'm back at uni I keep missing lunch.

I'm finding this too. Most of my classes give no time for lunch. I'm mostly in 11:30-1:30/2 as a second session. Come 1pm I'm starving.

I think I just need to get back into the habit of making a packed lunch or my peanut butter "flapjacks" and having a munch during lectures.

I go to work every day like im some sort of tupaware rep, with tubs full of grub. Im usually up at 6am anyway after feeding the baby, so make it before the rest of the house wakes. So today for example, ive 3 tubs. One has 4 scrambled eggs in it which is like a late breakfast, then ive 2 tubs with 200g chicken, 100g rice & some peas in each. I`ll have one at about 11, then the other at about 3pm. I usually buy a sarnie or something to have at 1pm from the local shop. Ive already downed a protien shake at about 5 or 6am, then had some breakfast at 8 before I leave for work. So im getting a meal in every 2 hours pretty much. I think people at work must think ive got worms or something as im constantly opening up tubs and eating.

I also carry around a load of Protein bars (Dyno bars are the best!) in case I get stuck somewhere and am hungry.

now I'm back at uni I keep missing lunch.

I'm finding this too. Most of my classes give no time for lunch. I'm mostly in 11:30-1:30/2 as a second session. Come 1pm I'm starving.

I think I just need to get back into the habit of making a packed lunch or my peanut butter "flapjacks" and having a munch during lectures.

Yeah. Me too. I'm going to give the gym a serious effort this time round.

Food prep on Sunday night for the whole week. Bulk cooking. Will save money too. I worked out I can get 6 meals a day for a 5er. 3 of those are meal replacement shakes.

Tip: Slimfast. All slimfast is, is a low calorie high protein meal replacement shake. Equal to or better than your supplements like MyProtein etc.

Slimfast is 5er a tin at Boots.

I can't remember the exact figures but buying slimfast worked out cheaper than other MRP shakes.

@gmballistic;

Yeah I've really gone skinny. My shoulders and arms and chest are so flat. But muscle memory and plenty of good clean food will sort that out sharpish.

• Like 1

Tip: Slimfast. All slimfast is, is a low calorie high protein meal replacement shake. Equal to or better than your supplements like MyProtein etc.

Slimfast is 5er a tin at Boots.

I can't remember the exact figures but buying slimfast worked out cheaper than other MRP shakes.

Im using Protien Dynamix for all my stuff at the moment. They were crazy cheap compared to the other main names which I used to use. I got 25% off using a code, plus cashback via topcashback. Worth checking out next time you need anything.

You sound like a single parent Rabbitstew :(

Wish you'd find more time for yourself mate.

So do I. I got in from work at 6.30pm last night, after sorting out the kids & house I didnt actually get chance to sit down and have tea until 9.30pm and even then I had some cold left over lunch for my tea as I was too tired to cook anything properly. Then bed at 10pm.

Im using Protien Dynamix for all my stuff at the moment. They were crazy cheap compared to the other main names which I used to use. I got 25% off using a code, plus cashback via topcashback. Worth checking out next time you need anything.

Bought my last few lots from Protein Dynamix. Was hesitant at first cos it was so cheap, but it seems alright.

I've used various stuff in the past but then started using Arnold Schwarzeneggers whey protein as I found it tasted the best. Was sick of forcing myself to drink these shakes that just tasted like ready mix concrete mixed with cat sick. :dry:

arnold-schwarzenegger-series-iron-whey-banner.jpg

Just using Creatine nowadays though and trying to eat sensibly. ;)

Unflavoured Whey Concentrate, don't see the point spending more on isolate unless you have to.

Same here. Mix it with milk or water, add some creatine, maltodextrin or whatever else you want, and just neck it. Who cares what it tastes like, its not like your spending hours drinking it.