Tianjin, China explosions!

GMballistic

Incredible video for sure, ...filmed by morons. :dry:

I mean whilst watching that unfold in front of their own eyes they must have had an idea that people were dying surely?!! Their reactions and some of the comments about the video just show how little some people are capable of empathising with others. Very sad imo.

I think thats wrong tbh, what would you be saying in that situation? Sounds like the girl is crying near the end, they're hardly boasting with joy? i'd be the same what else can you do/say?

• Like 1

Theres a vid taken by a guy standing quite close, he was using a livestream app and you can actually see the shockwave heading up to, and then killing the poor dude ........... but its one of the most intense bits of footage Ive ever seen.

Not everyones cup of tea, theres nothing gory but as I say, theres no way the cameraman survived, RIP.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=052_1439456804

...what would you be saying in that situation?

Not sure but I wouldn't be laughing and giggling at it like they are at certain points. :dry:

Anyway if you read the comments left by some of the people on that Facebook page that was were most of my annoyance was aimed.

• Like 1

China is very much like this, my company's china workshop is the same on a industrial estate with other similar heavy industrial company's and the workers all live in high rises less than 1 block away

Health and safety is very low down the list of priorities in China, they still have half a dozen or so mining disasters every year. Back in the day when China was pretty much a secretive closed society (not that long ago really) we probably wouldn't have even heard about this for several months or even decades.

Pete

I agree. China's modern economy has in large part been built on being able to undercut pretty much everyone else, but this sort of thing, along with chronic pollution, is one of the downsides. For every accident spectacular enough to make the news there must be thousands that go unreported.

Edited by sipar69