-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
What you like Jim
-
Aye, I've already been trying to work out how I can get the DA up and onto the roof The nice thing compared to the Zed though, is there's masses of flat panels, not all flowy and intricate, so should be able to do a good chunk at a time with a decent size pad. Never done German paint before so that will be interesting. Might need some stronger stuff than I had for the Zed. Had a look at the wheels properly tonight (same as the van above). They're pretty decent bit of kit considering they are from a main dealer and only £650 for the set (no tyres). Finish on them is a lovely matt back, should be easy to touch them in when we kerb them While we're on the wheel topic, whats the usual width for 8j rims? VW suggest 235 or 255, I'm thinking of going for 255 and get a bit of rim protection.
-
It went back to the stealers. Yup, see the WLMG site to see what those jokers want for it They made me a pretty good offer, that plus selling on my extra bits, should net me effectively the same as selling privately without the hassle. Needed to shift it quick as face lift red T5's are like rocking horse poo, let alone 180 bi-turbos, and then having the seat/bed, lining, towbar etc sold it for us. Sportline conversions has already started, black sportline wheels are now sat in the garage. Will eventually get the front chin lip/spoiler, rear spoiler and colour coded. Oh and lowering springs of course, might need coilies eventually. Need to focus on getting the interior done though as its insured as a camper rather than a panel van (cheaper) on the proviso that the conversion is done in the next 6 months. Will be rather like this:
-
Sorry yes, should have said that the bumper and mirrors will be colour coded. Possibly the handles too. Want to fit a few sportline goodies too - thats their equivalent of NISMO. Amanda already went and collected the wheels so just need some tyres for them, then lowering springs!
-
OK, so a few of you know, and a few of you have guessed, our beloved Zippy has gone to make way for a new beast! She wasnt getting half the use she deserves and when sunny weekends (or even rainy!) rolled around, we opted to go riding rather than cruising in the car now Amanda has been bitten by the MTB bug. Shes a VW T5 180ps bi-turbo. Currently partly converted to a camper by the previous owner, we plan to completely convert it, adding units down the off side and rewiring it all up to have sockets (12v and 240v), sink, cooker, the works. Idea is that we can now head out to the trails in style all year round. Already done, the owner has added windows all round, insulated and lined it, added LED lights and also a RIB seat bed (at £2k! ). Amanda is picking up some 18" alloys for it as I type Not everyones cup of tea, but we love her all the same
-
Touch screen is the easiest way to identify Connect Premium, Andy
-
Doesnt mean I dont deliver at work, just means I'd prefer to sit behind my desk and do some blue sky thinking
-
This. The only thing you will get with the RR as reported above is that the dash will light up like a Christmas tree and the car may go into a limp/snow mode was it detects the rear wheels spinning and fronts not. Anyone that has taken a RWD car to the dyno will tell you that the lights tend to go out when you drive the car down the road. Its certainly what happened in my 350z. I dont remember it in the 370z as Mark went to "test" his mapping work on the road
-
I quite like to hypothesise about things, which quite suits academia and PhD. Much better than doing things, which work requires
-
Sure Beavis can tell you all about that "something" too Amanda and I are on about a par I would say. She tells me I'm more intelligent but I think thats just a ploy tbh. She is very clever and has a BSc and professional qualification to my BSc and MSc. She does think I should do a PhD though which I'm tempted by as a project, but have been out of academia a bit too long for it now I think to be relevant. We both definately have our blonde moments, mostly her, but I have my own too, and when I do she's very quick to point them out!
-
Bigger???? Oh yes! Will post a thread tomorrow Had a good day then Yup, weather today isnt going to be conducive to a good post though, need to get out before it turns
-
If you want to be charging iPads at a decent rate, make sure you get 2A ones
-
Good stuff. I (un)learnt quite a bit when I had mine. Arent our women good to us Good luck trying not to do what you've been doing wrong for years! You'll also then have a reason to join in all car park captain practice too
-
Bigger???? Oh yes! Will post a thread tomorrow
-
Nice one Andy. The chaps at Cycleiwse are good coaches, but after our recent outing with Andy and Rab from Dirt School, I would suggest seeing them instead, they will up your MTB game no end. You can do a jumps course at Inners with them We're only down in Manchester toda, tempted to pop up and have some of those muffins nom nom nom
-
The next upgrade is substantially bigger
-
Not in the same way. This integrates with Connect Premium and is a built in feature of the device. For 2009 I understand you can get a box that will act as an AUX input and give the image from the camera but no lines. My loom will be up for sale shortly for those with CP and MY2010
-
Happy birthday matey, hope you get some nice bling for the bike! I've arranged some nice weather for you so you can have a birthday ride,hope you like it
-
Didnt you guys get the 2yr free servicing deal? Not had to pay for any of mine thus far
-
Now thats the sort of project I could get into
-
Stews missus is doing a PhD - so she must be a clever lady, although she married him, so on the other hand
-
Because this is the interweb and you are not able to have a subjective comparison in the interweb, its the law dont you know
-
change in law to private vehicle clamping
Chris`I replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
You'll still get them, but now you really dont need to pay any attention to them -
These threads crack me up. How you can tolerate cars where you expect things to just go wrong is beyond me Don't care how much I've lost on the 370z, nothings gone wrong, I can leave it for weeks without using it, jump in and fires up instantly. Reckon I've lost less on it in 2.5yrs than you have spunked on all your other cars
-
37mph in 30 limit - in traffic - worth defending?
Chris`I replied to ianphampton's topic in 350Z General
From what I understand this only applies to when the force who run it benefit from the money from it. I.e. they arent in the government scheme for cameras (who the money usually goes to) and they run the camera privately. Thats what you need to establish. And even then I dont know if its actually the case. Is the back of the camera yellow? That usually indicates (at least it used to) that the force that run it benefit from the revenues from it.