Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. More pics of the car please
  2. Used to get it in the 350z, unfortunately the 370z is a 7AT so no clutch Dont seem to remember hearing it on other 370z's I've heard but I could just be used to it from the 350z
  3. Kind of - speak to Mark @ Abbey about it, he will put you straight with the options. Most aftermarket exhausts come with a Y-pipe, and Y-pipes on their own plus an exhaust later is more than just getting an exhaust inc Y-pipe in the first place. Best way to do it IMO is to get an exhaust that inc Y-pipe then get HFCs later if you want them. Unless of course you get offered a set of HFCs or Y-pipe dirt cheap in which case go for them, but evenutally you'll want a "full set" of breathing mods to make the most of it all.
  4. Seen much much worse than that!
  5. Very nice sir Damn you for beating us though /shakes fist
  6. i dont think you can buy bad tyres in my sizes...? Really?
  7. You mean get better tyres John? Wider crap tyres will spin up too (yes I am saying that in jest, I know there is a balance to be struck!)
  8. = cheap knockoff They just save the money by not having to do the R&D and having a big name. Most I have heard that run it seem to be impressed and they take AP discs I think when the K-Sport ones are shot.
  9. It was posted in the 370z section so you could forgive the OP
  10. You'll notice a difference in noise thats for sure, but it might not be the "right" noise. Only one way to find out
  11. This is the point I was trying to get at. Yes its easy to get the TC to blink if trying, but on the roads you shouldnt ever see it if driving properly - unless you are hoofing it intentionally.
  12. HFCs with standard exhaust will just give you a slightly louder, rought/raspier kind of noise. It wont really sing like one with an aftermarket exhuast and HFCs, nor will it give you any more power. In the manifold > cats > y-pipe > exhaust chain its the Y-pipe w/secondary cats that strangle the system, not the cats. Once you have removed that (with an aftermarket Y-pipe), then the next restriction is the cats, but not by much. So in terms of noise, you will get a little, but not as nice (IMO) as an aftermarket exhaust, nor will you get any extra power. However if you are looking to get an exhaust and remap later then they will be worthwhile to get them now if thats what you want
  13. I would hope not just yet on a 370 My 350Z needed a couple of bolts cut after a year and it doesn't even live outside! Yours was welded on my Sellafield radiation
  14. Think my TCS just wasnt that sensitive then. I really had to provoke it to get it to kick in. Unless it was in a straight line of course My mate Ben can confirm I didnt hang around, I could keep up with his Evo VIII a lot of the time
  15. But... as I said earlier... I get bogged down in 2nd taking off briskly (not stupidly) and also my TCS cuts the power in quite a few places I driver regularly. Tried with the TCS off, driving in the same style and the tires don't even start to let go. Do I have a problem with my TCS? I don;t think so, as when it IS wet, it has slapped me on the wrist once or twice, exactly when I needed it. So why not turn it off in the dry? If you have throttle finesse it shouldnt need to kick in. So maybe something is wrong with your TCS? Certainly I never had that problem. I could do laps of the Car Limits track with TCS on and it rarely lit up, only when I was really pushing it. Maybe my car was a freak?
  16. Was going to say they all load fine for me
  17. While I agree with what most of you are saying WRT driving with TCS off makes you a better driver, I cant for one reason think why you should be lighting up TCS on the road, unless you are being ham fisted around tight bends or junctions. This is the only time my old 350z would light up the rears without giving it a lot of provoking. Its true that the TCS is very sensitive but you just have to read the first post to realise why this is. Anyone who thinks they NEED TCS off in the dry is just pushing too hard IMO. Not of course talking about those that puposefully push the car too much to make it slide, but then they should have TCS off anyway Daily driving just doesnt need TCS off
  18. Yes but how do you know the tyres aren't spinning? TCS can measure front wheel speed vs rear wheel speed to determine if rear wheels are spinning (Ie rotating faster than the fronts), how can you tell?
  19. One question - for those of you that have TCS off and say this is becuase TCS kicks in before the tyres are spinning - how do you know this? Also if you set TCS off on the road - due to braking traction - do you not think you are driving beyond your and the cars limits at that point? In theory if you drive within the limits of traction you should never see the TCS light, and on the road you shouldnt be pushing anything near the limit of traction. My 2p and most learn it the hard way.
  20. Happy Birthday buddy
  21. Theres some great vids on there of them testing the theories. I've had 2 sets of filters that are oiled, Pop charger on my 350z which did 65k+ miles (filter cleaned and re-oiled every 9k miles) and on the Stillens on my 370z. In total about 75k miles and no problems.
  22. Whoop Datsuns
  23. Good work and well done to Sarah
  24. Abbey will get it sorted in no time, or TGM Sport in Fleet
×
×
  • Create New...